Upset with DH

Last night my 16 yr old had a few friends stop by and they wanted him to come over, i said no because all of his late work still isn't done. (from school) his friends said they would help him and i was ok with that. Well, i wasn't feeling the best last night and went to bed early and i woke up around 10 for a minute and i asked my husband where Dakota is and he tells me that he let him go stay the night at his friends house.
Do you think i have a right to be upset?

jenn4443

Asked by jenn4443 at 6:12 AM on Feb. 26, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• Yes you should be upset in all means... Also you should be upset and disappointed in your son to because he should have known better than to ask his dad after you sayin that he couldnt leave..
    mthomas817

Answer by mthomas817 at 6:53 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• So did your DH know you told him no?
    If he knew, then yes, you have a right to be upset.
    But if he did not know you said that. Then no you have know right to be upset at your DH. Just your DS.

Answer by louise2 at 6:20 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Did the friends help with the homework and it got finished? (you said you were OK with that). Maybe that is why your DH said yes. If not, I would be upset too.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:15 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• i would be upset too
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 7:18 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• of cause you do darl.. like did your dh no that you have said no to your son about him staying at his mates house if he did id be majourly upset and dissappointed
    Lisa_7777

Answer by Lisa_7777 at 6:20 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• yes, when his friends came over i went and told him that i said no way!
    jenn4443

Comment by jenn4443 (original poster) at 6:21 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Yup, now let your son fail because he didn't get his work done. Speak to your husband about underhanding your discipline, then let your son hang himself for not doing his work. Both will learn the lesson.
    cerealmom2

Answer by cerealmom2 at 7:10 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• U've got every rite in being upset with your DH. He should've been in agreement with you bout not letting your son go out.

NubianQueen78

Answer by NubianQueen78 at 8:29 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• did he finish his work? if so then I'd let it go...if not -yeah I'd be a little ticked
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:48 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• That sends mixed signals, so yes I would be pissed too.

Answer by older at 1:45 PM on Feb. 26, 2011