Dry, itchy eyelids and now puffy?? help.

ok, so during the last few days i noticed that my eyelids right below the crease on the ceenterball of my eye has been really dry, well yesterday it was like itchy. i yhought it was from rubing ryedhadow onto my eye w brushes, but its had the dry texture for days now.. last night i was itching snd rubbing and this morning the top eyelids are friggn puffy and burning....... ughh
mayb i shouldnt have itched it? lol
um my ? is last time i had puffy eyes was a month go from wat i thought was a polyester allery reaction, but turned out to b ftom sinitus, b4 then it been 5 years since i had puffy eyes.
has any one had this dry eyelid, itching and then swelling/puffyness happen to them? wat do u or could i do about it??

jlouise03

Asked by jlouise03 at 6:57 AM on Feb. 26, 2011 in Health

• I had this for months. I finally went to the doctor and it turned out to be eczema. He prescribed Ellidel and it went away immediately.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 7:09 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• is that over the counter or no, cause dh snd ds both have exema, but ive never had this problem b4.. snd i cant go to the dr.. no i surance.
    jlouise03

Comment by jlouise03 (original poster) at 7:18 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• No, unfortunately it was a prescription.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 7:19 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Sounds like an allergy to me.
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 7:30 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I had that in high school, and like mompam, I went to the doctor and found it was excema. They presribed Ellicon cream (similar to what she used probably) and it cleared up in a couple days/weeks, don't quite remember. It has never come back. They are probably puffy and irritated from the scratching. If you can't afford to go to the doc, you could try an over the counter hydrocortisone cream, but the ellicon/elidel is a steroid.
    kmstockwell

Answer by kmstockwell at 8:36 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• oh ok, thank u ladies
    jlouise03

Comment by jlouise03 (original poster) at 10:40 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Good luck
    1Angeland3Girls

Answer by 1Angeland3Girls at 4:46 PM on Feb. 26, 2011