Tell me about a member of your family of whom you are very proud

adnilm

Asked by adnilm at 7:01 AM on Feb. 26, 2011 in General Parenting

• I am proud of my 2 cousins, 17 and 21, for growing into remarkable, kind, caring, thoughtful young men. I can only hope that my children turn out so well!
    I am proud of my 4 year daughter, for being an incredibly bright, loving little girl who rarely misbehaves. I get comments from strangers about how well behaved she is quite a bit.
    I am proud of my aunts for being strong, intelligent, caring women, both of whom were single moms raising young men.
    I am proud of my husband for being the kind, smart, hard working man that I love.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 11:33 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Im proud of my dd. Shes almost 22 with 2 kids and was a teen mom with nothing when she had my grandson. She graduated, got married, has her own place, and started working at Mc Donalds just after having her son. Now she is the manager there, and looking at another promotion where she is going to be making more then $50k a year. She has worked her butt off and even though I have always been there to babysit and help she rarely wants my help and wants to do it on her own. She told me she knows if you want something in life you have to go out there and get it for yourself.

Answer by gemgem at 8:23 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I'm proud of my son in all sorts of ways.  Proud of my brother who's a police officer.  Proud of my dad for what he gave up so his kids could be happy and content.

But MOST PROUD right now of my wonderful husband who has been SOBER for 20 months!

CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 10:56 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I have a cousin who is on the cutting edge of technology and its uses in the classroom. To me she is the epitome of genius, I would love to be able to tell her that every day but I need to maintain distance. We work together, yet nobody knows we are related - I help her with her programs and I think the world of her.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:06 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I'm very proud of my son for always doing his best behavior wise as well as academic wise in school. In spite of having ADHD & PDD, he tries so hard in always doing his best in whatever he does.
    NubianQueen78

Answer by NubianQueen78 at 8:34 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• My brother, he went through some hard times finding a job and being able to keep it. Now almost two years later he is Going to college for correction he is a deputy and finally happy.
    AbbeyKAy

Answer by AbbeyKAy at 9:22 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I'm proud of my oldest son, who despite his disabilities has such a positive outlook on life that we could all learn from him. I'm proud of my 2nd son, who finally seems to be pulling himsef together after losing his father last year- & starts working at a new job next week. I'm proud of my dau for being so bright, sensitive, & talented in many areas. All 3 brighten my day more than words can say! :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 11:16 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I have 2. My husband and my son. My husband because he has grown up a lot in the past year and he is my hero. He goes through so much every day just so he can take care of us. But he loves the job he has which makes it ten times better. And not only does he take care of us, he defends this country. And I am always proud of my son. He learns so much each day and it just amazes me.

LeslieNBreaux

Answer by LeslieNBreaux at 12:13 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• my 2 boys
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 1:58 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

>>>>>>>>
    That is really a touching tribute. Thanks for posting it and making my morning a little more pleasant
    adnilm

Comment by adnilm (original poster) at 7:09 AM on Feb. 26, 2011