How can i get rid of my lisp?

all my life i have been talking like this every time i have to use the letter S in a word i would whisper the word... i was bullied a lot when i went to school and i really wanted to get rid of it but my mom and all other adults said it was adorable. i don't get it there nothing adorable about that! in fact it could ruin my chance to be an english teacher! or translater or any job where i have  to talk to people! i never realised and nobody ever told me that would be a problem my mom used to tell me that there are even lawyer that talk like this blahblahblah untill 2 years ago a teacher told me i should really try to fix it because the chance that i could be a translater someday was close to 0... i don't wanna live like this it's humiliating! and i can never talk and be confident... my husband told me that when he was small he talked like me too but he went to the dentist and they cut a part of his tongue or something but when i went to the dentist here in Belgium they said they never heard of something like that... i was so sad... i hope that i can have surgery or something so it can be fixed...

krystina888

Asked by krystina888 at 7:03 AM on Feb. 26, 2011 in Health

• What about speech therapy?
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 7:07 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Keep your tongue behind your teeth when you say "S". I had a lisp when I was younger. I went to speech class. That is what they taught me. I am still conscious of it.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 7:07 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Speech therapist
    1Angeland3Girls

Answer by 1Angeland3Girls at 4:45 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• try speech therapy :0)
    MOMMIE227

Answer by MOMMIE227 at 5:36 AM on Mar. 20, 2011