HOW DID YOU DO IT!!!!

Have any of you single moms been able to hold a full time job take care of your baby/babies and get through college???? How did you do it!!!
I have a 1yr old, and I am planning on going back to college..

kylansmommy09

Asked by kylansmommy09 at 8:25 AM on Feb. 26, 2011 in

• I didn't think about it. I just did it. I needed to get a better job.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:29 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• MY DAILY SCHEDULE IS WAYYYYY WORSE AMD I MANAGE TO DO IT EVERYDAYYY
    japandamommy

Answer by japandamommy at 8:31 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I'm not technically a single mom, but my husband is gone so much you could probably just assume I might be lol I started going back to school and did online classes at first. It helps a lot because you have deadlines, but you can work on the assignments at any time of day or night before they're due. I'm up to 3 classes now...I started out with one and worked my way up just so I could get a feel of the work load in addition to life!
    I study and homework at night when my kids go to bed. I also take advantage of nap time which is something that is dissapearing as they're getting older! lol
    I don't have a job right now, but it would take the same amount of time during the day as it would being home with my kids and not working on schoolwork during the day. GL!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:31 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I just want to say good luck hun. I know it isn't impossible because some of my single friends have done it. I'm married, work at home, and I'm going through correspondence courses online....with all the rest of the responsibilities that I have I think I would break down in a corner and lose my mind if I worked outside of the home. Try to still find your alone time (even if it is after your 1 yr old is in bed). I would see what classes you could take online (depending on your major, sometimes you can take almost everything and then do clinic hours or hands on classes at the school). Hopefully, you can find a happy balance that works for you, everyone is different. Brightest Blessings and congrats on your decision.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 8:34 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• you can do it, just think of the better life you will give your child. Stay strong and positive.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 8:47 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Thank you mammas for the positive feed back i am really excited but very nervouse!!! I am going to school for nursing to become a mid-wife :D
    kylansmommy09

Comment by kylansmommy09 (original poster) at 8:51 AM on Feb. 26, 2011