Do you believe that sometimes things happen for a reason?

Sometimes we learn and become a better person when we are challenged in a crisis, whether it be in a personal, financial or health situation?

Justmom223

Asked by Justmom223 at 8:37 AM on Feb. 26, 2011 in Religious Debate

• Of course everything happens for a purpose. And, it's to teach us lessons. We either learn to rely on God, and let Him work His plan for our lives, or we continue to get in His way, and let the bad stuff keep piling up. I have learned that trusting God, and knowing HE knows far better what's best for my life than I do, has relieved stress, and helps me know I DON'T have to do it all myself, God WANTS to lead me, and I find when I let Him, things always go the way they are supposed to.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 11:49 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I beleive that EVERYTHING happens for a reason.. even if we dont understand it. It helps me get through soem struggles just knowing that.
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 8:40 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• everything happends for a reason..
    you may not like it but it does,
    japandamommy

Answer by japandamommy at 8:42 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I absolutely believe it! I have learned some of the most valuable lessons during times of trouble.
    ARgal

Answer by ARgal at 8:42 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• While believe that things happen for a reason, I don't believe women are given special needs children to teach them a lesson on behavior. God would never punish a child for the actions of the mommy- and I'm kind of amazed you'd look over here for validation of the horrible things you said in P and CE without telling the whole story.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:56 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I think a lot of things are placed in our path all the time. I also think that many times we don't choose the right one
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 8:47 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I believe EVERYTHING happens for a reason. AND, it might not be a for YOU, but for someone else and you just needed to be a part of it.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:49 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• i HAVE to believe this!
    if i did not i would have cracked
    super difficult things in the last year

sometimes i feel like before i came to earth, i signed up for too many life lesson classes
    or
    maybe in last life i was a horrible person, and this is karma coming back to bite me in the behide

hope to God it is the first choice, would hate to think this was karma because how i was in last life, if so i was a terrible person, and would not ever want to imagine that anyone would deserve this much crap on their shoulders because they deserved it
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 9:09 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I agree with lovinangels.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 3:20 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Yes, I do. Sometimes it is to teach you not to be such a horse's ass!!
    goodwitch399

Answer by goodwitch399 at 4:09 PM on Feb. 26, 2011