Was your child planned?

I know it can be a question of fertility, but I wonder how many people look to plan their children on certain months and the like anymore.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:58 AM on Feb. 26, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Our first was a very pleasant surprise. I was on depo and 19 years old. She's the light of my life =)

Our second was a "if it happens, it happens" baby..and I am sure glad that he did! He's my little prince!

We both decided that we'd like to try for our 3rd and final child. I did charting, temping, OPKs for about 6 months with no results. We decided to skip out on the 7th month to enjoy our vacation to the fullest, and the same day we get home from vacation I got a positive test (something in my mind told me to take it although I felt no symptoms and was not due for my period for another week). At 8 weeks along we both got yet another pleasant surprise when we found out it was TWINS! I will be 36 weeks tomorrow =)
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 9:44 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• We just put our faith in God, & started "trying". We were blessed w/ a beautiful, sweet, smart & loving dau! :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 9:01 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• 1st child was planned - we were unmarried and unstable but wanted a child. Took 4 months.
    2nd child was a supprise! - we were married and stable and had sex a few times without condom and bam pregnant

How does that work? :)
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 9:04 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• neither one of mine were planned.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 9:00 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• no I hadnt planned on having a baby for a couple years but i am soooo blessed!!! My aunt and unle planned theres to a T! they read all sorts of books about how to have a girl/boy... what month was this or that...:p
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 9:02 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Two of ours were planned in the sense that we were trying to having a baby.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 9:05 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• 1st baby was planned turned out to be a little boy.. Our 2nd wasnt planned.... Its weird because i had the meriana after my first baby, but started to have stomach problems and had it removed that feb. the day after it was removed my boyfriend left for two months. As soon as he got back it didnt take long lol.. So we had another little boy.. My boys are exactly 2yrs and 1 month apart. Wouldnt change a thing, i love my boys........ :) Now all i need is a girl next time....
    mthomas817

Answer by mthomas817 at 9:47 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• well....i was told i may not be able to get pregnant so our first was not planned. Our second and 3rd one were planned and i got pregnant with an IUD in with our 4th baby so he was a big suprise!
    team21

Answer by team21 at 10:11 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• She wasn't exactly planned. But we weren't exactly going out of our way to prevent getting pregnant either. We both decided that the timing was right, and if we happened to have a baby, it wouldn't hurt anything. So, I stopped my birth control, and we left it up to nature. We didn't stress about the when's or the how's or the why's. Just if it happens, it happens. If it doesn't, well, no biggie, it's just not time yet. It worked out well for us in the end. I stopped birth control in September, and got pregnant in November, and we had our beautiful girl in August the next year. We're taking the same approach this time around. We decided recently that it would be nice to have a second in the near future. We're in the right place for it, and our first is old enough. So, I had my iud removed, and whenever it happens, cool. But we're not stressing about it if it doesn't happen right away either.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 10:17 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Both of mine were planned as far as we both decided for me to stop taking my birth control, and within 3 months I was pregnant with the first. 4 months for the second.
    Blakesmommy0907

Answer by Blakesmommy0907 at 10:43 AM on Feb. 26, 2011