Joint Birthday Party

My daughters are a year apart and were both born in March. I just sent out invitations to friends and classmates stating a joint birthday party for both girls. I am receiving RSVPs and moms are asking me what my girlS want. I had sent the invite out to everyone with both my girls names on it but didn't think that anyone would think they would have to bring a gift for both girls. Just the child that their child knows. They each have different friends.

How do I respond to the RSVP letting the parent know that 2 gifts are not expected??? I was afraid of this confusion.

Thanks for your input!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:04 AM on Feb. 26, 2011 in General Parenting

• Just tell them as they call. We have a joint party every year for my son and granddaughter since their bdays are 6 days apart. I just tell people they dont have to bring two gifts.

Answer by gemgem at 9:15 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I did this one year for my sons---they are 13 months apart----let them know it is not necessary but most will not want one kid to get more than the other. Are they old enough for that not to bother?
    lecates

Answer by lecates at 10:36 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I grew up having joint birthday parties because me and my sister were just under a year apart and born in March lol. My mom would just send out the invites to our classmates but didn't say it was a joint party. We ALWAY had joint parties so it also made me feel special like it was all about me when my name was the only one on my invitations. And that way the parents only had to send a gift to the one their child knew. If we had the same friends they would always get us both something.
    LeslieNBreaux

Answer by LeslieNBreaux at 12:08 PM on Feb. 26, 2011