Opinions....

I am eating scrambled eggs with mayo and ketchup and he's in bed now but my 8 month old kept mooching for a bite so I gave him one and he wanted more and more but anyways do you think it is unhealthy for him to eat stuff like that? He chews it with his gums and his one little tooth.

Peekalou

Asked by Peekalou at 3:01 AM on Nov. 20, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If you do give a baby eggs before one just make sure that after he has eaten them to watch him. If he does ok then you are fine. If not then use your instinct what to do. The mayo I agree hold off on that. If the mayo has any thing in it like bacteria it can make the little one very sick. If he was fine then go for it.

Also next time you do eggs, Just watch him real careful. It is usually after they have the food a second time is when a food allergy shows up. Just some knowledge I picked up when I had my middle son...
    nyteowl

Answer by nyteowl at 4:28 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• No i hink he is ok i have a daughter who is a year now and when she was 7 months i would give her eggs, beans, and stuff. i think its good cause it gets them to like other textures and stuff....
    ameliamomo7

Answer by ameliamomo7 at 3:06 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• I think the eggs are just fine and the ketchup is ok. Not sure about the mayo bc it can carry bacteria and baby may not be used to that yet. I think it's cute to give babies some food when they want especially with the "one tooth". :) You're ok mama.
    MammaMia72

Answer by MammaMia72 at 3:07 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Yeah I was a bit worried about the mayo to so I kinda just picked little bits from around the edges where there really wasn't too many condoments and gave that to him. He loves table food and people bitch at me about not giving it to him cause it will hurt him but he seems just fine. He poops and pees and doesn't scream about an upset stomach so...
    Peekalou

Answer by Peekalou at 3:10 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• yeah you're fine. Try not to listen to people. I try not to. The way I see it is babies run on instinct. He would not ask for it if he were not ready. It's a simple way to look at things but it really does make sense (way more sense than all the rules we SHOULD be following).
    MammaMia72

Answer by MammaMia72 at 3:14 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• no,my lil one is 5months and we been doing that for a while now,to much might hurt em,all it would do is give him a rash on his bottom,that is if he isnt allergic also
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 8:17 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• I would be worried about egg allergies. Also, just because a baby reaches for something doesn't mean you should give it to them. I wouldn't trust their "instincts" lol. They will grab a knife if its laying where they can reach it!
    TanyaR1024

Answer by TanyaR1024 at 8:19 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• I also would be concerned about allergies relating to the egg. But I would also not give a baby mayo. Its your responsibility as a mother to make sure your child is eating healthy foods only.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:39 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• I would also be worried about egg allergies, but if he hasn't reacted to it, he should be fine. And good looking out with the Mayo! I try to steer clear of it with my little one.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:52 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• my 8 month old will eat eggs.. i'm not sure whether or not the ketchup and mayo is good.. i would just watch to make sure he's fine afterwards..

just don't give him eggs EVERY day.. otherwise he'll be getting to much protein (at least that's what i was told)
    lmybo

Answer by lmybo at 11:03 AM on Nov. 20, 2008