Starting Kindergarten?

I was wondering what age your kids started Kindergarten.  I thought it was 5 but my 5 year old is my oldest so I don't actually know.  Is it 5 or 6?  :)  Any info you want to throw in about starting school, feel free!

MrsHouston47302

Asked by MrsHouston47302 at 9:27 AM on Feb. 26, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Schools require that your child be at least 5 by a predetermined cut off date--anywhere from the 1st day of school to November. If you call the administration office for your local school district they will tell you what the cut off date is. School districts will announce in your local paper when registration for Kindergarten will be held--typically it's the spring prior to the September start date.

My children have December/January birthdays, so they were 5 3/4 years old when they started Kindergarten.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:31 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• THANKYOU~ My sons birthday is in January! I was wondering how I would know when registration will start!  :)

MrsHouston47302

Comment by MrsHouston47302 (original poster) at 9:33 AM on Feb. 26, 2011