I can't go to the bathroom without taking something STILL!!! adult content

I have tried adding more fiber to my diet (don't know if it's enough) I am even taking stool softners and still nothing unless I take laxitives.... I drink plenty of water and work out pretty much every day (run 6 miles) I am at a loss this is awful feeling like this all the time... I didn't have a problem b4 I went on my diet..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:39 AM on Feb. 26, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I agree you have become addicted to the laxatives. Try backing off of them slowly (sudden isn't the best idea), and cut it out over time, like a week or two. I'm guessing you added a ton of fiber very suddenly to your diet, which can stop you right up. You have to go slowly with something like fiber, or you can get constipated. You might even back off of the fiber a little, just to try to reset your system, then slowly bring it back. Keep drinking plenty of water. Good luck!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 8:07 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• maybe its the wrong diet? did you talk to your doctor/trainer before going on this diet?
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 12:55 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• You might want to see a doctor. Sometimes stool softners just aren't enough. They can either prescribe you something and also help you out with your diet.
    dreamcatcher13

Answer by dreamcatcher13 at 2:57 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Well, you may be creating a dependency to the laxatives. Have you tried a Fleet enema? I would stop the laxatives immediately.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 6:13 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Talk to your Doctor
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 4:36 PM on Mar. 1, 2011