I can't go to the bathroom without taking something STILL!!! adult content

I have tried adding more fiber to my diet (don't know if it's enough) I am even taking stool softners and still nothing unless I take laxitives.... I drink plenty of water and work out pretty much every day (run 6 miles) I am at a loss this is awful feeling like this all the time... I didn't have a problem b4 I went on my diet..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:40 AM on Feb. 26, 2011 in Health

• have you talked to yur dr. what kind of dieat are you on???
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 9:42 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• did you add the fiber slowly? what happend was you probably just overloaded your system to fast. What most people don't know is that yes your supposed to take 25g of fiber but if you don't start off slowly by adding it you end up where you are. Take a couple of days off the fiber and let your body slowly remove it. Depending on how backed up you are you can take MIneral oil (if not pregnant) but if you don't want to do that go buy some plum juice and drink 1-2 glasses a day.
    lovemybaby283

Answer by lovemybaby283 at 9:47 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• do you drink coffee? Eat apples? drink juices? sometimes too much fiber and too much water can make it worse. Are you eatting a lot of foods that make you constipated? Diary, bananas, rice, etc?
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 10:01 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• i drink only water so maybe i will get some juice to! I don't eat a lot of diary... yogert once and awhile cheese (not alot since I already can't go lol) I eat a lot of strawberries and broccoli and salads and fish and chicken... weat bread usually 1 slice a day.. peanuts.. some pasta.. potatoes.. oatmeal
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:06 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• prunes and prune juice might help. Look at your diet and figure out the big differences from what you were eating.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 11:03 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• i was eating everything lol
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:26 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Starchy foods make it more difficult to go. That is why doctors will add starch to diets if patients have diarrhea. I would take some of the starchy foods out. If you want protein, eat some tuna fish. That is packed with protein. Add more fruits to your diet. Be careful about fruit juices, those have can have lots of sugar in them. Good luck.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 11:28 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Sometimes, the body can start to "need" the laxatives to keep things going. If you have been using them regularly, you will probably get a stoppage for a while after you stop . . . your body needs to normalize.

I would probably stop the laxatives altogether, and add something like that cabbage soup from the old "cabbage soup diet". That should keep you soft until your body adjusts to having no laxative.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 11:32 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• i agree with stopping the laxatives and stopping the pasta and potatoes. your carbs should be brown, rice and bread. are you taking any supplements?
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 1:04 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Take a daily probiotic like Align or Sustenex. Cut gluten out of your diet. A cup of coffee in the morning will get you going too.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 9:23 PM on Feb. 26, 2011