My 2yr old!!!

Ok here is the deal my two year old still sleeps with me.. I tried to wait for him to fall alseep and put him in his own bed, but doesnt work he still ends up in our room. I also tried just puttin him in is own bed at night and just let him cry. When i do that he will cry for hours until he gets in bed with us, as soon as he gets in bed he falls asleep with in seconds. Its crazy i dont know what do. I just want to sleep and relax for a change. Now i had my second son and we really dont need two in the bed with us.....

mthomas817

Asked by mthomas817 at 10:10 AM on Feb. 26, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I made that mistake too with my oldest, its hard and will be frustrating but keep putting him back in his bed. he will eventyally get use to it or be so tired he will sleep in his own bed.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 10:13 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• ughhh i have the same problem. my husband started letting her sleep with us when she was probably six months and now she is three and still in our bed. there are nights where she will sleep in her bed but than he keeps getting up and checking on her and eventually wakes her up and she ends up back in our bed. if you come up with a solution let me know
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 10:13 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• thats going to be tough i've got 3 girls 4, 2 and 1 and none of them have ever slept in our bed if they are sick i go in and sleep in there bed.

Maybe u should try the super nanny approach(the tv show) put him in his bed and you sleep on the floor beside him, 2nd night sleep in his room but further away from his bed and keep doing it til he can sleep by his self. If he gets out of bed u just have to keep putting him back in bed and eventually he will cry his self to sleep and realize u arent giving in the his demands. You have to be consistant with it. good luck.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 10:16 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I know but when he cries the way he does it seems like he is dyin or something.. It makes me really sad and makes me feel like a bad mom to let him cry like that...
    mthomas817

Comment by mthomas817 (original poster) at 10:22 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• As long as he knows that you will eventalaly let him in your bed, he will continue to cry. He knows he's pushing your buttons. Put him in his bed, in his room, and stay there with him till he falls asleep.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 11:42 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• My daughter did the same with me and at the end I had to let her do a little crying. Soon she was sleeping in her own room.

HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 9:00 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• We miss having the little snuggle bunny in bed with us. Eventually, he will decide to sleep on his own (and you might be sad)

Answer by rkoloms at 7:38 AM on Feb. 27, 2011