My Month old..

I just had my second son in Jan. and he will not sleep in his crib. We tryed to get him to sleep in his swing still doesnt work. I also tryed his car seat doesnt work. The only thing that seems to work is if one of us is holding him.. Its already bad enough that out 2yr is still in bed with us.. I just need some sleep and help with this..

mthomas817

Asked by mthomas817 at 10:16 AM on Feb. 26, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• if your bedroom in big enough, put a toddler bed on dh's side and let the older child sleep there and put a pack and play or bassinet on your side and slide the baby over there after he falls asleep....that's what we did lol GL
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:19 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I ended up going with a cradle at my side of the bed. When the little ones would fuss about sleeping there, I'd be able to rock them to sleep and they would still be close to me. Also, they lock in place when you're not rocking it, so it shouldn't be a problem with your 2 year old.
    Good luck getting him to sleep. I know you need that rest with a newborn and a toddler!
    SpaceToast

Answer by SpaceToast at 10:28 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• They love to be held at this age. But if you want to start to get a routine going you may have to just let him adjust to it. We always found it worked best for us to get into a sleep time routine that was always the same.   Bath, diaper change, swaddling, lights out, drapes pulled, soft music on or singing, cuddling/rocking/swaying.  Not all of these but what works for you.  When the baby got drowsy he was laid down.  If done in the same manner, all the time, the baby picks up on the cues and knows it's time for sleeping. The lady I do childcare for has also asked me to follow a set routine with her baby. If the baby cries at all it isn't for long. And I don't mean screaming his lungs out, but minor fussing. This is what worked for us.  GL and congrats!!

elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 10:42 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Have you tried a sling? You can even turn it around so the baby is on your back side and you can still get stuff done. They like the warmth. Or on the front side while in a lazy-boy or rocking chair.
    Waitaminute808

Answer by Waitaminute808 at 11:45 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Have you tried bathing the baby before bedtime? There is a baby wash that has lavender in it, the lavender will help the baby to relax enough to go to sleep peacefully.
    stitchintime

Answer by stitchintime at 12:08 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• baby joey did not sleep in a crib until he was about 9 weeks..we kept him in our room in a pack n play..he would only sleep in the changing table part (he couldnt roll yet) so we put him there but alot of time i ended up with little - no sleep for the first 7 weeks until i went back to work...then my hubby suffered :)
    froghopper

Answer by froghopper at 3:42 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• ugh im going through the same thing but shes my first baby and shes 2mo when she gets nice and cumfy n sleeping hard i move her to her crib i have a pillow in there for her to rest her head on. i know they say dont but she loves it and its flat but soft. if you move her gently she wont even know the difference sometimes she wakes up makes a little noise and goes back to sleep like whatever.. but sometimes excuse my bad words. she "bitches" and cries until we bring her into the bed and her daddy holds her
    Rachelxbby

Answer by Rachelxbby at 1:36 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• maybe get a shirt that smells like you and put it in the bed with your baby and so the sent of you or your husband is with him i have done that with all 3 of my kids and it seems to work for them good luck
    devinalexis

Answer by devinalexis at 4:00 PM on Feb. 27, 2011