Pregnant, in a mood for congee and fermented tofu...is it safe during pregnancy?(Asian moms, please come to my rescue)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on Feb. 26, 2011 in Pregnancy

• You could ask your doctor/midwife.

I know they say you shouldn't eat sushi during pregnancy but my midwife pointed out that japanese women ate it every day and their babies were fine.
    erinwhitt

Answer by erinwhitt at 11:07 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• sushi is raw, so I understand why, but fermented tofu...I don't know and I don't think they would either. Nothing documented out there....Yogourt is fermented food and it's SUPER during pregnancy....now, what about other fermented food? (besides from beer of course)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:09 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Japanese women are used to it. It's part of their regular diet. Is this part of your regular diet?
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 11:27 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• somewhat...I like to eat it from time to time...especially if I feel ill....
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:39 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Ask your Dr
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 2:51 PM on Mar. 10, 2011