Advice, please...

just started a new small business, for those of you who are SAHM who run a business can you offer me in advice or suggestions that you wish you might have know in the beginning? Thank you.

Queenofscrap

Asked by Queenofscrap at 11:01 AM on Feb. 26, 2011 in Money & Work

• Make sure you go that extra mile... send hand written thank you notes with your products. It takes a little bit more time...but it makes it feel personalized. Stick with your plan, no matter how hard it seems, and always, always, keep immaculate records. I keep seperate files...my contacts, my customers, and my potential customers, and always my past customers. I usually send a Christmas card or birthday card out every year depending on the contact that I had with them.

Also keep all of your receipts, if you go to the store and pick up something that is used for your business...keep a receipt of the gas you used and your mileage, if you used your own money to mail something out get a receipt.. Good Luck to you and Congrats! Do you mind me asking what you do?
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 11:09 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Congratulations! How Awesome! The biggest thing that comes to my mind is to have a good long talk with someone about estimated tax paymets. That whole system seems a bit screwy, but if you don't do it correctly, you could wind up owing penalty.

Also, make sure you have a business license in the city you are operating.

:) I hope it takes off !!!
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 11:05 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I guess I'd have to tell you to always remember the goal! Make sure you implement a good business plan and try to stick to it as much as possible, carefully adding and deleting from that plan as you go. It can start out slow and with expense in the beginning, but remember it's what you want to do!

Lots of luck to you!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:07 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Don't be afraid to stray from your business plan, as you learn more about growing a business.
    Network, network, network.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:14 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Congratulations!!

You must be consistent in your advertising. Also, another is you need to keep you main reason for working from home at hand! It will be tough at times but if you take a look at the reason, it will carry you through :o)

I work from home, going on 2 years now, and I have an awesome line and I know I wouldn't trade it for the world :o)

Good Luck!

~Alyssa M.
    Proud Member of Internet CEO Moms
    alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 9:13 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• @kitchenwitch78-Stampin' Up
    Queenofscrap

Comment by Queenofscrap (original poster) at 11:10 AM on Feb. 26, 2011