Cialis?? He never told me...TMI

Ok a couple of weeks ago I posted about my s/o who is on blood pressaure meds and is overweight and not really having sex like we use to. I was chatting about how he wasn't getting it up like he use to. I was having problems thinking it was all me not turning him on anymore and he knew this and it was becoming a real problem.
Well several comments were made about him taking Cialis.
On our trip last weekend in Florida he finally confessed he had be cutting his Cialis in quarters and taking them, but hasn't no more because he is out of them and has no insurance now so he isn't getting anymore Cialis pills. I was like you are kidding??? He says no, and I told him, "here I was thinking it was me the whole time and you knew, why didn't you tell me??" He really didnt have an answer.

Was/is he embarrassed by all this? Embarrassed enough to let me think it was me?? Why not just tell me up front???

AmI88

Asked by AmI88 at 11:15 AM on Feb. 26, 2011 in Relationships

• Aml88 my dh is on all 3 well not all at the same time omg I'd be in trouble...lol Viagra, levitra and cialis he takes them when we know we are going to spend sometime with each other bc sometimes he works nights and he is too tired sometimes I just go with it.
    But what he does he cuts the Viagra in half to make it last longer ( the pill that is) and that is all it takes our insurance does not cover it either I believe it's 25.00 dollars a pill...ugh we'll just buy 2 and have 4 ;)
    But as far as your dh he sounds like my dh he too was overweight and had blood pressure but back in June 2010 we both decided to make that changed we started walking 2 miles 5X a week then here we are Feb. 2011 and we are walking 5 miles oh and we gave up sodas , sugars so my advice to you is do what we did and it won't be long before you guys are doing it like rabbits again...lol Have Fun and GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 4:05 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I think he was embarrassed. Imagine your hubby, who has always been turned on by you, has not been able to please you like he used to. I imagine he didn't want to hurt your feelings, but also didn't want you to know that he couldn't take care of these things. It is driven into many men's heads that they are the ones to provide for themselves and their families. I think he was hurt/embarrassed by the fact that he couldn't provide for this need.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 11:21 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Men don't like to admit they have a problem in that department. The meds could probably be affecting his ability. And overweight doesn't help. Try to help him lose weight and praise every pound he loses. Don't let him weigh every day, that's just a letdown. Weigh once a week only, before breakfast. Touch him often, let him know you still care. Hug for no reason. Cuddle on the couch. The "little guy" just might respond on its own and surprise both of you.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 11:23 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• That is kinda what I was thinking as well.....
    AmI88

Comment by AmI88 (original poster) at 11:23 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Touch him?? Girl I can't keep my hands off him!!!! He performs don't get me wrong BUT it isn't like it use to be when we first started out, and now I know why...Cialis. I love my man unconditionally and try not to harp and hender him. He is a good man, and I love him to death. He says it is the bp meds and he is thinking being overweight and 42 to has something to do with it, not me. He even says I give it to him to much sometimes....LoL. I can't help it though....he is so sexy to me. :)
    AmI88

Comment by AmI88 (original poster) at 11:27 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• First of all he went out of his way to cut up the pills and didn't tell you .. Then further hid the truth from you that he was out of them. Sounds to me like he's going out of his way to avoid sex. Maybe not because of you, maybe it's because of him being overweight. It could also be other things, but it sounds to me like this was all calculated.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:37 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I am sure that he was/is embarrssed by all of this. That's his manhood and it's not 'working' like it should. Don't make him feel ashamed for doing that and not telling you, but be there for him because I am sure this isn't a great thing for him to go through. I know it's hard for us (women) to know what it would be like to have to take pills for something like that, but it's the same way when we (women) go through something and there is no way that a man would know how we felt. They may not 'get it' but they are still there for us when we need them.
    trelmix

Answer by trelmix at 12:28 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• He went out of his way to cut them up because he couldn't take a whole one at one time because then he would have been hard ALL day, that is why they were cut up. And they were cut up so he wouldn't run out so fast. IF it was planned then how come we still have sex??? We have sex it just isn't three four times in a row anymore. No I don't make him feel ashamed as if you were to read one of my answers above, BUT there is and was no reason to keep making me think it was me as well. He should have talked to me about it when the issue was first brought up. IF he is embarrassed about this I totally understand, and would NEVER down him about it and I do stick by his side, but it is nice to know it has nothing to do with my performance as well.
    AmI88

Comment by AmI88 (original poster) at 1:00 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Whats cialas?
    navajomama7

Answer by navajomama7 at 2:03 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Girl, I don't know any man in his 40's who can do it 3-4 times in a row WITHOUT cialis! He's been trying to please you. Now he's letting you in on the truth of the matter. Give him a break. Love the man.
    Inloveagain

Answer by Inloveagain at 2:08 PM on Feb. 26, 2011