What razor do you use? I've been battling razor burn for years.

I've been using shick quatro or whatever and it's pretty good with the olay body ribbions body wash instead of shaving cream because shaving cream results in really bad razor burn

anyone have suggestions as to what i could try?

ElsaSalsaaa

Asked by ElsaSalsaaa at 11:27 AM on Feb. 26, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Everytime i go to get blades for my razor i always end up trying somthing diff. My fav. was the venus vibrance wich they no longer sell which totally sucks i just started using venus embrace wich has 5 blades totaly awesome!!! you should look into the schick intuition it has a bar of soup around the blades makes your legs feel extra smooth!!!
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 11:33 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I use Venus Embrace razors, but until I stopped using shave gel (I use something that people wouldn't even think of using to shave), I stopped getting razor burn and ingrowns.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 11:55 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Use the intuition razors. You know, the ones with the soap bar around the razor...they are a little more expensive..BUT, I have not gotten razor burn since I switched to them AND I hardly EVERY knick myself with it. I've tried to save money for a week by using the venus razors and knicked and got razor burn...NEVER will I use anything but intuition razors. In my oppinion,...they are the BEST!
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 12:10 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Gillette Venus. get the 5 blade one. they are the best, even works great on bikini area. I use the disposable but they have a regular one too. Stay away from anything by Schick I get razor burn every time.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 3:14 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Schick Hydro 5 blade and Skinintimate shave gel works best for me plus the blades last awhile
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 3:19 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I use regular cheap razors because they don't cut as close to the skin (which can create razor burn), and I use pantene conditioner rather than shaving cream because it contains pathenol, which is a product used by EMT's and stylists to treat burns and has a lot of good skin moisturizers in it (which is why I don't understand why they didn't go into skin care rather than hair care, since for hair it sucks).
    also apply a hot cloth to the area just shaved will help razor burn.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 3:43 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I use Noxema disposables. They help!
    AbbeyKAy

Answer by AbbeyKAy at 6:21 PM on Feb. 26, 2011