When did you teach your child what their private parts are?

My daughter is 24 months and I told her what her private parts are. I didn't go into detail or anything just yet, but I figured that she knows all of her other body parts... why shouldn't she know that one? I also told her the proper name instead of a cute nick name.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on Feb. 26, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I always used their proper names from the beginning.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 11:34 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• age 2. It's kind of cute when my youngest fell and hurt her self she came crying when I asked what hurt she said my vagina mommy. My son wasn't taught proper names until he was 5. and he still calls it his nuggets and his privates.
    diamondsky

Answer by diamondsky at 11:37 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I used the correct names from the beginning. Less confusing that way. The vagina is inside, the vulva and clitoris is what's outside.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 11:40 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• As soon as He found it at 7 months. And I referred to it as a "hoo hoo" before that, but We have used the correct term since. People who don't teach their kids the correct namds are teaching their kids that the correct names are bad, and that's wrong.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 11:51 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I gave my kids the correct names so I wouldn't have to explain again when they got older. When they start asking me qestion like where babies came from. I sat them down and gave them the right answer. Just the basics.

HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 8:54 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• When he starts asking. lol. And I believe in using the correct names as well.
    MamaStuart

Answer by MamaStuart at 9:55 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• At the same time we taught her the other. At her first check up, she told the doctor the names of all of her body parts, including her brain, "bagina" and "bulba"
    Most adults don't know the difference between a vagina and a vulva

Answer by rkoloms at 7:39 AM on Feb. 27, 2011