What is a natural way to heal and fade acne scars?

I've been using aloe gel from avon isn't doing much clams the skin after washing and it becomes dry...but my scars are still not really fading. Have used proactive in the past and now I'm sensitive to it..and still have acne at 31!!!! I am sick of my face getting huge cystic acne and it's so depressing...and I feel horrible and ugly! It's eating my self confidence. And, not really feeling myself. Any help from ladies who have gone thru this, have healed their acne, tips about how to cover it, anything..I'm not using heavy foundations because I find they break me out more..using sheer cover atm..and it's not that great either...I use my own mosituizer b/c afraid to change to break out more...but that's not helping anymore either. I think it's a combo of hormones, stress, and makeup?? skin care maybe? I don't know...I am a SAHM.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Feb. 26, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I wish I knew. I am in the same boat as you. I'm almost 30. Way too old to have to be dealing with acne still! I'll bump for you, so hopefully you'll get some answers.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 11:52 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I use Bare Minerals, and it's helped my breakouts A LOT! Plus it does cover the scaring and discoloring. I also still use Clean and Clear face wash for sensitive skin, not the astringent though, wash my face at least twice a day (if I don't wear make up that day I'll wash it one or two times more if I've been outside a lot, cooking big long meals, or touching my face to much), every once in a while I'll wash my face with Dawn anti-bacterial dish soap (actually does a lot of good), change my pillow cases often (believe it or not, your pillows can actually make you break out more, besides changing pillow cases often, Lysol your actual pillows), when I get big bumps I put a dab of Dawn over them and it helps with the oil that's built up in there, AND if I see little ones or ones that aren't so huge and gross I put hand sanitizer on JUST the bumps before lotion. Once they've gone down and are 'dried' out and healing put...
    brandy0827

Answer by brandy0827 at 11:59 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• CONT...
    put a TINY bit of neosporin. AND THENNN Mederma scar cream to clear the discoloration and scaring on all your scars. If you're concerned about wrinkles around your eyes, at night put a bunch of lotion under the eye area and 'crows feet' but don't rub it in OR put a little vaseline in those areas. I know this seems like a lot of bs to go through, but it's done WONDERS for me, and Bare Minerals and Mederma are really quite expensive but they do make a difference (for me at least and if the Bare Minerals makes you break out more you can get a refund for it). I hope this helps!!!
    brandy0827

Answer by brandy0827 at 12:05 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Search for Natural Beauty Secrets by Dawn Gallagher. She's a mom who used to be a top model. She is still a model, but her efforts have been concentrating on her new book. She has researched and visited women all over the world for her natural beauty secrets. She is a personal friend of mine, as well.
    rosiemendo

Answer by rosiemendo at 12:53 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• WOW that is alot! But, I don't know about the hand sanitizer. I think that would burn my skin very sensitive....I wanted to try bare minerals. I am looking still for a makeup to help, dark circles, scars etc..and mederma for scars does that help with the acne ones? Like redness, and or grayish spots? I am even thinkin about manueka honey heard good things about that..and bee yummy skin food
    but again I am hearing things from others. So, don't know if any of them wiill work for me.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:54 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Bare Minerals is just awful; I'd stay away. You need to clean out your makeup/cleansers to more natural products without harsh chemicals, petrochemicals, parabens, SLS, and so on. Even so called acne products have all kinds of crap in them KNOWN to exacerbate the condition. Read your labels and use common sense.
    Anonymous

• acne can not be topically treated alone. It must be tackled from the inside out because it's an underlying health issue. Yes using certain make ups, and cleaners can help reduce it but they won't treat the problem itself. As you pointed out, stress and hormones can be an underlying reason, as can (and a huge factor) diet.
    My recommendations are to first seek a health care professional and get a full check up. Talk to them about possibly switching to a birth control that will regulate your hormonal imbalance. Then seek a dietitian. They can help you formulate a diet plan that will create healthier meal plans, since the cysts are normally caused by your body secreting out toxins. Most of these toxins come from our foods, and are made worse by hormones and stress (since we seem to sweat more under those conditions, but secreting more). Drinking water over soda and juices will help as well, and eatting foods high in fiber
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 3:49 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• finally, seek a facial technician. They can help not only relax you and help with your stress, but also help you learn great skin care tips. Like the proper products to use on YOUR individual skin care needs based on your skin type (which varies from person to person) to your skin conditions. A make up artist at a facial spa can also recommend the best make up to use that won't work against the products you are using to help get your skin into tip top shape.

The rest of the advice given here about products that helped that person won't be able to solve your dilemma. You have to treat the problem from the inside and out. And suggesting a product designed for a certain skin type and condition will only work for those with that skin type and condition. Which is why you need a professional to assess your skin type and condition before treating it.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 3:54 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• as far as scarring goes, some facial technicians can offer microdermabrasions or other treatments and products (like Cures) that can help the skin heal at a faster rate to help reduce lines and scars and wrinkles.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 3:55 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• okay, doing the check up in a manditory thing for me. That is coming this week. I am losing hair as well. So wondering if there is a hormonal imbalance there..and birth control I'm so getting!! I just can't think of anything else..to help topically now to help fight them too...it's the self confidence too that is hurting here...so many scars now to cover. Feeling really horrible lately..and trying not to feel this way and they are only pimples...but it does affect where I want to go..and how long it takes to get going in the morning...sucks. I can't think of why I'd be getting such bad acne later in life..I don't remember it being this bad. I was always able to control it but now....its just out of my control:( I'd love to see a facial tech but my life atm isn't allowing for that extra income to spruge on myself...so topically is the only way...and or diet/exercice/reduce stress. I am tryin to find alternatives
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:57 PM on Feb. 26, 2011