have you read the bible cover to over

how manyof you have read the bible all the way though?
I am wondering b/c a lot of people say they are Christian but have never read though the bible, do not know the books of the bible, and do not have a basic knowledge of scripture.
i am just wondering how you could say you are something you have never educated yourself on.

thewife1

Asked by thewife1 at 4:39 AM on Nov. 20, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• I have read it through several times. I think all believers should read it cover to cover at least once.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 5:10 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• I'm 2/3rds of the way through, but I have read many chapters severals times. I'm agnostic, but do tend to lean toward Christianity.
    pinkink

Answer by pinkink at 5:14 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• no i haven't read it all the way through but im trying too :) Read over half of it
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 5:27 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• I'm atheist and have read it cover to cover, more than once
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 6:22 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• It is so weird, this question is in here seems like every other week or so. Yes.
    Freda01

Answer by Freda01 at 6:53 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• I have never read the Bible cover to cover - NEVER felt the desire to do so. I recently acquired a copy of the New Testament on DVD though so I've been listening to it. I actually think the Bible makes more sense and speaks more clearly when read in parts rather than as a novel.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 7:55 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Yes it took a year reading at least a 1/2 hour every day
    mommyjof2

Answer by mommyjof2 at 8:17 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• I have never read the bible.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 8:20 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• I have read it through quite a few times... there are some programs out there that can help you stay on track, whether it's a few chapters a week, a chapter a day, etc. I don't necessarily think you have to read it from cover to cover, either-- if you want to start with the Gospels and then choose to read Leviticus, go for it!
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 8:56 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• No I haven't...but we read it every night...we'll get there eventually. You're making it seem as though those of us Christians that haven't read it through from cover to cover are not Christians at all...that's not true. Just because you've read it cover to cover doesn't make you superior or anything. The only thing you have to do to be a Christian is to believe Jesus is the son of God, that he died on the cross for your sins, and you accept him into your life and try to live a righteous life. That's it. The Bible is a guide.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:00 AM on Nov. 20, 2008