How can you handle special child?

My son was born with deformities in his left leg is short and no knee. He was physically challenged. He ask me why God makes him special.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:08 AM on Nov. 20, 2008 in Tweens (9-12)

• I like the age-old saying that God never gives us more than we can handle, so God must think he's a very strong, special boy to be able to handle such a challenge.
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 5:52 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• aww, that makes me want to cry. mamapotter i love what u said.
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 5:59 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• God makes every child special. try not to let your son focus on being different, but rather the ways in which he is the same as everyone else. I know that's easier said than done, but if you teach positive thinking at a young age, he will be happier in the long run. Try to expose him to all kinds of "different" people, and not just those with similar challenges. find a sport or activity for him to participate and excel in. the hardest person to impress is himself, so help him be confident.
    bestmommyeber

Answer by bestmommyeber at 9:51 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• When I was young my best friend had a leg with no knee and her foot only came down to where here "normal" legs knee was. She wore a metal brace with a rubber bottom on it and went all over the place. She had a strap for the peddal of her bike to help her "good leg" stay on the peddal. There was nothing that girl did not do..or nothing I did that she did not keep up with. Swimming was our favorite...in the water we are all the same. Please tell him how much I loved her and all the things we did together. She has a special place in my memory. We are all of us special because we were born! For everything a purpose under heaven...he may not know now but he is the way he is for a special reason! Debbie Z where ever you are I remember and miss you!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:15 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• God don't make mistakes God Made that little boy special for a reason I should know... Let me tell you my story I was born with Elip. Where that make you learn slower then others and i almost died when i was born i had that unto i got into my 20's they had to fly me to another hosp there is where the doc knew what to do with me. I have had people tell me that i wouldn't do nothing, i am 27 now and i have a loving husban and a 2 yearold boy........ And in the place or making stuff like my own line of stuff..... I finshed school in 2000 thanks to the help of to of my Teaches...... And the love of my parents and friends......... so God knows what his doing.. God make your son just the way he is God has a plan for him just like he did me.............. So Keep on Praying and Lefting your son of to God watch God do something Powerful...............
    Angels723

Answer by Angels723 at 12:51 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• All these answers are well said. high five

LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 3:58 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Hey Message me. I was born with a disability and might have some answers for you. that may help
    Novmeber2006

Answer by Novmeber2006 at 6:32 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• We are given special child because God knows we are special mom who can handle and take care of them. I have questioned Him why me? Now I know that for this my faith for Him grows more and I am blessed with everything in my life. I treated my youngest son as physically challenged and he can be normal as the same child. He was born with no knee too.
    Geisha28

Answer by Geisha28 at 10:15 PM on Apr. 20, 2009