How much $$$ to give my 11 y/o dd who is going on a vacation with friends

my dd is driving with another family to CA for 4 days. they are going to disneyland and california adventure. the mom said the only thing she is asking is that i give my dd spending money... the meals, tickets, and hotel are already taken care of. I have no idea how much to give my 11 y/o. should i offer to pay for the park tickets too? i have the money.

Mel_in_PHX

Asked by Mel_in_PHX at 12:16 PM on Feb. 26, 2011 in Travel

• I'd give her at least $100.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 12:22 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I would give her enough to buy a souvenier or two, but I would also maybe buy the family a gas gift card or a restaurant gift card so that she can bring that with her just as a token.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 12:17 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Give your daughter 20 or 30, give the mother 20 or 30 to hold for her, just in case.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 12:20 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• find a budget amount for each day that you are comfortabel with then put it in 4 envoples marked with each day so that she can take that amount with her each day and not spend it all at one time........then i think i would give the parents a gas card in the amount of the ticket as a thank you (if you have the money todo so)

cara124

Answer by cara124 at 12:24 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I think $50, I love the idea of a gas card too.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 12:41 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I would also give at least $100. But I would probably give it to the other Mom to hold and give to your daughter at her discretion. I would then send the family a nice fruit/chocolate gift basket when they all arrived back home as a gift.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:54 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Well I would give the granmother about $300 to help out on the trip and spending money for your son. Have her give him 25.00 at a time to spend on himself or gifts and she can spend some on gas and his food too. At 11 he wont be thinking about eating to much but will want to buy stuff.
    dusty1962

Answer by dusty1962 at 7:15 PM on Mar. 19, 2011