my son has started to slap me when i correct him and when he becomes angry. how do i stop him from hitting me?

how to correct my toddler?? my toddler is becoming aggressive, how do i correct that?

Just_Jesska

Asked by Just_Jesska at 6:32 PM on Jul. 8, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• well i would hold his hands (gently lol) and explainover and over no hitting every time he does it or try time outs usually toddlers hit cuz thay cant express whys made then upset so they get more upset
    JacobsMama1022

Answer by JacobsMama1022 at 6:51 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• I have a question:
    Do you Spank your child as punishment?
    If so... he learned it from you. Spanking only teaches the child its ok to hit. Try other things like TIME OUT. Never spank a child. Good Luck.
    Anonymous

• try jacobsmama's way first. if that doesn't work, you're going to have to smack him back and tell him, "do you see how that hurts? when you hit mommy it makes mommy hurt just like that. do you really want to hurt mommy and make mommy cry just because you are mad?" children have to be taught empathy.
    and time outs won't work if your child knows you wont' enforce them. but be sure that spanking or slapping is the last resort and that you try several other things first. you dont' want them to hit first you just want them to know that you will spank some butt if you need to to make them stop hitting you. if you would not allow a stranger to walk up to you and hit you, do not allow your children to do it. you have to teach them respect too.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 12:06 AM on Jul. 9, 2008