Young & low sex drive adult content

I'm 22 with a 16 month old. I faced post partum depression after having her and i've been on medication and in therapy once a week for it. I feel great emotionally but i'm exhausted and my sex drive is still non-existant. I love my SO and it has nothing to do with him but alot of the time i can't even get past foreplay because i don't even want to be touched. I know it kills his pride and he thinks it's him. I feel terrible!! Is there anyway to get back my sex drive?! Could it be possible the exhaustion and low sex drive could be caused by something else? Thank you!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:43 PM on Feb. 26, 2011 in Relationships

• It could be the medication have you talked with your dr. ?
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 12:45 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Could be the medication. Ask your Dr. Maybe it's time to get off the meds.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 12:45 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• i went through something similar. but i realized its not always you and your sex drive. it could be the mood. the spontaneity, the way he reacts to you sexually. the thing that worked for me was he started sending me xxx texts n that got me back into the mood lol. good luck!
    hotmamalara328

Answer by hotmamalara328 at 12:49 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• It could be the meds, but it could also just be the fact that you have a young child. I know while I as nursing I did not want to be touched at all so if you are still nursing that might be part of it too.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 12:50 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• It's probably related to your nutrition. The same vitamins and minerals that are key to sex drive and sexual response are also responsible for the production of cortisol, the stress hormone and for producing the neurotransmitters serotonin and acetylcholine, which help regulate mood. Increasing food sources of all B vitamins including choline and inositol, magnesium, calcium, iron, vitamin C, zinc, arginine and Omega-6 and Omega-3 essential fatty acids will help this problem in 4-8 weeks of consistent intake. Regulating your stress through prayer, meditation, yoga or cardio exercise will also lower the body's need for cortisol, which will also help. Caffiene and sodium should be limited, water intake should be between 64-100oz daily.
    If you would like information on food sources, or any other information related to this subject, please PM me.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 1:43 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• i wish i knew the answer, i am the same way, my son is 2 years old and i have no sex drive
    Jssg1986

Answer by Jssg1986 at 2:20 PM on Feb. 26, 2011