Should i go to the hospital?

i am 1 1/2 weeks from my due date about 2 months ago i went into the er with contractions i thought were 30 mins apart but when they hooked me up to the moniters i was having them every 3 mins. this is my 4th pregnancy and i was surprised i couldnt feel them. anyway they slowed them down and since then i have been having them every hour or so. my cervix has not shown any signs of softening or opening. but last night my contractions got stronger and were about 5 mins apart. but when i woke up they are very irregular. ranging 1 hr to 10mins. should i go to the hospital or wait it out? my water hasent broke. i dont feel pressure but if i couldnt feel them 2 months ago every 3 mins how am i suppose to really know when i need to go?

hotmamalara328

Asked by hotmamalara328 at 12:46 PM on Feb. 26, 2011 in Pregnancy

• My water didn't break with either of my kids. Wait it out. You will know when the real ones hit.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 12:48 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• call your dr. i waited at home until they were very close and very consistant :D good luck and congrats mommy!!!!
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 12:48 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I would call my OBGYN and ask their professional opinion before rushing to the Hospital.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:49 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I would wait it out, you will know especially since this is the fourth pregnancy. Good luck and congrats!
    parajumper3

Answer by parajumper3 at 1:07 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• id wait it out or and call your doc if they get worse or call your doc now and just explain what is going on. Im 39 and 3 days and im going threw the same thing you are but im diolated and soft i nvr know what to do so i havn't called im just waiting it out good luck hun sry i couldn't be more help
    Tarrahs2011

Answer by Tarrahs2011 at 1:32 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• If you got the time to go I would better safe then sorry I dont see any harm in being sure of whats going on. congrats!
    Destins_Mommy

Answer by Destins_Mommy at 3:01 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I would go in...I began having butterflies in my tummy, and my mother suggested I go...so just to check it out, i did. good thing too, because they found out I was in labor. best luck to you!!
    katieandchris01

Answer by katieandchris01 at 5:28 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I would call the nurse on call and ask but most of the time they will tell you to wait until your contractions are consistent and then come in. But since you had that episode 2 months ago they may want you to come right in.
    Abbysmommy0208

Answer by Abbysmommy0208 at 6:20 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I would call the fr and tell them what you are feeling, they may tell you to come in and make sure that everything is ok, sounds like you are possilby in early stages of labor
    djh0505

Answer by djh0505 at 7:59 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Call your OB
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 10:55 AM on Mar. 9, 2011