Should i tell him the Truth?

My dh bought 1300 dollars worth of wooden fence last week. My husband laid down the fence pieces in the driveway, he had two pieces laying in front of the larger stack. Well today when I got home, me like an idiot, was on the phone giving directions, had 5 kids in the car, and I ran straight over the fence pieces! I reversed, got out of the car to find that the top of the wooden fence (just one fence) had been smashed!!! I freaked! So what I did was I put the smashed fence in the middle of the stack, and laid a good fence on top.

I am soo scared to tell my husband... Not bc he will beat me or anything, but in the last month, I have melted our microwave, like with fire, completely torched. My husband bought a brand new microwave for 300 bucks, and the first night we had it, I dented it with the cabinet door!! Then I broke the water pipe thing, and my dh had to replace that!! Then the tire got a flat, of course the day I was driving the car... the tire is not cheap!.

The wooden fence is 40 bucks a pop. not that much, but.... I just dont want to tell him!! But I think maybe I should bc obviously when he goes to pull the fence up he will see the fence thats smashed. He didnt do it, so obviously someone did, meaning me.

I am just so stressed!! I am sitting these kids, and this morning i took them to the beach, and there is sand everywhere!! I asked the oldest not to get in the water, and did she listen?? NO.. she got all up in the water and was soaked!! (it was my fault not being prepared, it was a spur of the moment decision this morning) and one of the children (aged 2) curses! He has already said fucker, and I put him in time out, he then kicked me and told me that his timeout was "bullshit". He hit my kids 3 times already, and when I gave him his food, he chewed it up and spit it out on the floor. Then the whole fence thing... Ughhh Im just so stressed!!!

Should I just tell him?? or not??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:52 PM on Feb. 26, 2011 in Relationships

• Well yeah you should tell him, i backed into my husbands Harley once, i didn't do any damage thank god, but i would've felt so guilty if i had. Its better to be honest with him. It was an accident and they do happen but you should'nt be on the phone while driving. :) I hope that doesn't sound bad. cheer up, sounds like he is understanding.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 12:56 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• lol. I got on the phone right when I pulled onto my street, the girl I was sitting, her dad called for directions. I know I shouldnt have picked up the phone... shame on me! :/ I wouldnt have ran over the flippin fence. Stupid me!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:00 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Yes, you should tell him. Apologize to him and go over the other things that you have done. Make sure you also tell him about the behavior of the children you are babysitting. Explain that you are very stressed and ask for his support and understanding. Ask him also for possible reasons and solutions to your problems with the kids and also for your accidents. Maybe if he realizes that you are under so much stress, he will have some suggestions for you. Otherwise, I'd see a professional to determine what kind of stress you are under and how to control and deal with it. Lying, hiding the truth can just lead to even more stress. Good luck!
    rosiemendo

Answer by rosiemendo at 1:03 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Yep. Secrets are never a good thing. It creates distrust.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 1:07 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I would tell him, honestly is always best, but like you I am always breaking ,scratching or denting something, but my DH said I wouldn't be me if I wasn't so clumsy .
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 1:09 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• i hope you're getting good money to babybsit the little cusser. I'm afraid I would have to refuse to sit for him. Tell your husband the truth. You have had a bad week. Sounds like you just need to slow down. Take a nice quiet bath with candles. Turn out the lights. Put a drop or two of your favorite perfume on the top of the candle once it starts to melt. Kick back and relax.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 1:09 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Well, he probably will think "not again" so I am sure if you came out and told him the truth and explain what happened he will be thankful now to know rather than being in a middle of the project and have to stop and buy a new board and remember, it was an ACCIDENT and they happen and you will feel good about telling him now because keeping a screct is never good for the soul no matter how minor it might seem.
    PatriciaofMN

Answer by PatriciaofMN at 1:19 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Ok ladies, I really appreciate the advice! I called him and told him. I said "umm hey babe, Im not sure how to tell you this, but I messed something up" He says "Again??!! You burnt the microwave again??" I said "no no.. lol.. not the microwave, Well I was on the phone with Makaylas dad and I was giving him directions, the kids were screaming, and I was trying to get them quiet, I miscalculated, and i ran over the fence" He says "you messed up the car??!" I said "no no! I ran over the top of the fence.." he says "oh that minute to what I thought you were going to say, its no big deal babe, Ill return it, bc I was going to anyways"

Fee UUUUU!! I guess hes used to me being so clumsy. Im soo glad he isnt mad!! LOL. I was worried for nothing. Im glad he was so understanding!!! Thanks again ladies. I feel a BIG weight lifted off my shoulders!! :))
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:35 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• He loves you for your clumbsiness and all. Just like mine loves me for my blonde moments. lol
    I am glad it all worked out ok.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 5:41 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Seem like he has anger issues and yeah i would be a little scared to tell him but you have to so he doesn't blame one of you kids and try to hit them.
    Tell him you have something to tell him and not to be mad then gently tell him.
    dusty1962

Answer by dusty1962 at 7:17 PM on Feb. 26, 2011