Do you care? I do.

I do't know if this belongs here but to me breast cancer is a cruel current event.
This month if we reach 300 mamograms, the cancer web site will donate $20,000 for research. please click on the it's free to give buttom an dhelp us accomplish this goal.
Did you know that "If detected early, the five-year survival rate for breast cancer exceeds 96%. Mammograms are among the best early detection methods, yet 13 million U.S. women 40 years of age or older have never had a mammogram."

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=2&ThirdPartyClicks=ERB_112008_BCS

ny.chica

Asked by ny.chica at 8:09 AM on Nov. 20, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I have just reached my 5 yrs and am officially a survivor. There is a program available in all stated called the Breast & Cervical Health Program. It helps women 40 - 64 get free mommos if they do not have insurance. I do fund raising for an organization called the Breast Cancer Prevention Fund. We are based here in WA but do fund raising for WA, CA & TX . PLaese look at the web site www.breastcancerpreventionfund.org we have lots of info about breast health.
    I did not have my 1st mammo until I was 47 because I had no insurance when I lived in CA and had no idea there were programs avail for help. I moved here to WA and got a mammo on July 3, 2003 within 2 weeks of having it I was diagnosed
    WAganma56

Answer by WAganma56 at 4:43 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• I think that it's great that you posted this!! I will post it on my myspace!!
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 8:19 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• thanks. I posted on all my bulletins. this is important.
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 8:21 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Oh and I did i! It was SO easy!
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 8:21 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• I did it, thanks for letting me know about it.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 8:29 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• thanks, i did it and posted it on my myspace too!!
    Ronnies_Girl

Answer by Ronnies_Girl at 9:38 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Interesting. I'm afraid of mammograms. They seem really painful. But I'm 33. I have a little time to grow some balls.
    CluelessCarrie

Answer by CluelessCarrie at 10:25 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Your awsome, it's scary numbers.
    Were I live the local news channel does a buddy check, they tell you to get a buddy and on the 25 of every month to call the buddy to make sure she does a self breast exam. They talk about it regularly, I think because one of the news ancors had a scare so something good came out of it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• I think it's so wonderful to see something like this posted. It's something that doesn't discriminate, it has no boundaries and it's something that every woman can relate to. Thank you for posting this!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Thanks!

And don't forget about the #1 killer of women - heart disease! We tend to focus on our breasts but it's our arteries and hearts that will kill or maim us. Drop those pounds ladies! Ditch the cookies and twinkies.

kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:07 PM on Nov. 20, 2008