How do you keep your cool!?

When your child does something wrong, how do you keep your cool? I have no patience and my two small girls are teaching me how to stay calm. lol The other day my daughter got into nail polish and IDK since i thought i had it out of reach and was put away.. but my little dennis the menace manage to get it and dump it all over her toy box, feet, hands, carpet, bed, and walls!! I was so PISSED!!! My first inital reaction was to go over yank the nail polish out of her hands and scream!! but thats not what happened, i just counted to 10 and took a deep breath only to hear her say "Look mommy, PRETTY!!!" haha i just thought it was funny and we spent 2 hrs cleaning up but the carpet is still a mess but everything else is fine!...

navajomama7

Asked by navajomama7 at 1:25 PM on Feb. 26, 2011 in Just for Fun

• if i get extreme mad i just walk away for a few minutes. i have had to do that a few times htne i start laughing because of the mess he made and how much fun i knew he had and honestly i would of done the same things at his age..probably still would if i didn't have to clean it up.
    raynebowstarz

Answer by raynebowstarz at 1:45 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• i sing or hum or say a lil prayer..GOD ALWAYS helps :)
    froghopper

Answer by froghopper at 3:49 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• You did the right thing....deep breaths! It's hard but them being little and innocent right now is the fun stuff. It gets harder as they get older.
    flmomma4

Answer by flmomma4 at 4:56 PM on Feb. 26, 2011