Is this wrong?

Our son is almost 3 and my husband doesn't want anymore kids. So I plan going to school and getting a 2 year degree and then leaving him. I just can't live without one more child but I can't leave now.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:30 PM on Feb. 26, 2011 in Relationships

• I don't know. I mean that's a tough call when the person you marry doesn't want more kids and you do. I really don't know.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 1:32 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I think its selfish in a way, but wrong to want more kids. Its kind of dirty to use hime for the 2 years wh ile you are in school making yourself ready to leave him.
    MariJanesMomma

Answer by MariJanesMomma at 1:33 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• No its not wrong for him not to want anymore children, no its not wrong for you to want more children nor is it wrong for you to want to geta  degree BUT maybe its not the best choice to make that you will decide to live like this for 2 years, KNOWING after you finish your degree you will be leaving him.

Discuss more with your husband why he does not want anymore children, see how your marriage and family life goes over the next 2 years, than decide on what you will do.

People change their minds all the time.

virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 1:33 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I mean its not wrong to want more kids or to end your relationship over it......
    MariJanesMomma

Answer by MariJanesMomma at 1:34 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Is this the only issue in your relationship that's making you think about leaving? If so, then yes, I think you're wrong here. What if your husband wanted another, but you were physically unable to have one, would you think it was right for him to leave you?
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 1:34 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• If your asking the question then YOU feel that it is wrong. I don't know your situation so I really can't comment other than that.
    Does your husband have a reason for not wanting anymore children?
    Do you love him?
    Who would get custody of your son?
    Do you really want to break up your family just because it's not as big as you would like?
    Do you have other reasons for leaving?
    Sagen

Answer by Sagen at 1:40 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• all i can say is goodluck in all that you do
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 1:42 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• If it works for you then it's not wrong. I'd tell him my plans though. He might change his mind. If not then at least he knows what's up.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:43 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• That's wrong to use him like that, talk to him again and explain how you feel.
    pswiley

Answer by pswiley at 1:46 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• That could backfire on you horribly. You don't need to stay married to go to college. Neither one of you is wrong in your child choices, but staying with someone, knowing that you will soon leave them, is morally wrong.
    SnapdragonSMT

Answer by SnapdragonSMT at 1:48 PM on Feb. 26, 2011