Please no rude comments...

im 17 and after 3miscarriages, i really want a kid. my last miscarriage i was due april 18th and two of a girl a know just gave birth to her baby girl 2dayss ago. my aunt made a cake for a baby shower today, my dad to went to this girl baby shower a few weeks ago. it just seems like everyone has what i want. my doctor said, its likely i might not be able to carry a baby to term. i just dont know what to do. ive talked to consulers and they all tell me the samething, im young dont worry about it now. if i could adopt right now, i would. theres like nothing out there, i could do to help with this want i have. i wanna be able to hold my baby and raise them and teach them right from wrong and drop them off at school and things. i feel like working with kids and babysitting is hard because at the end of the day they go home and they're not mine. i just dont know what to do anymore.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:42 PM on Feb. 26, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• you really need to find out why you feel like you NEED a child to be happy. Even working with children is in now way a glimpse of what mothers really go through and how tough it is to have children.
    Can you financially support a child ON YOUR OWN? Will he/she have a DEPENDABLE and LOVING father? These are things YOU need to think about before you bring a child into this world. Babies shouldn't be born to fill an empty spot.
    Anonymous

• Oh gosh! I'm sorry for your losses. Losing a child hurts, and it has nothing to do with maternal age.

At 17, you really need to think about your future. Most 17 year old children cannot support a family, unless they are working illegally or working in the entertainment or sports fields. You have at least 20 years of fertility left, maybe more. I would wait, find your place in the world, and then go from there. Raising children alone is no easy task, either.

Hang in there, and good luck to you!
    SnapdragonSMT

Answer by SnapdragonSMT at 1:56 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Your time for a baby will come be patient, if it is meant to be it will happen.

Answer by older at 1:51 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• i dont "need" a child to make me happy. i love working with kids and it just get hard sometime when it reminds me of what could of been. i didnt say i was thinking about having kid right now, yeah i want one and yeah i can fanancially support it.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:51 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Honey, Live your life first. I had my first one at 18 and I wished I'd had waited. You have plenty of time to have children and you need to mature some more before you settle down w/ kids.
    pswiley

Answer by pswiley at 1:51 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• You have a while life time ahead of you. Just be patient. You are young still and it is amazing what happens when doctors say that it might not. There are so many different options and if you wind up having to adopt you will find a way to make it work.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 1:56 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Darlin, you are way too young to have a baby. You are still a baby yourself! You could not possibly provide all the things a child needs. This is the time of your life when you should be out having fun, making memories, living your glory days. Not changing poopy diapers, strapped down by a baby you can't afford. It sounds like you have a lot of love to give. Why don't you volunteer at a local hospitals maternity ward or daycare center? While you are at it, take classes at a community college and get a degree in a child-related area. Babies may sound fun, but in truth they are demanding, selfish little buggers! And they take a ton of patience. It's not all cookies and milk. Go have a life of your own, and when you're older and more self sufficient, then worry about making babies.
    Inloveagain

Answer by Inloveagain at 1:56 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Live your life, you are Soooo young!! This is it!! Enjoy it now, work hard, have fun, travel, see the world, experience all you can! Because after you have a child, that's it! The grass always seems greener until you get there! You only live once and right now you have NO responsibilities so enjoy! We each have our own journey & I think someone is trying to tell you something!! So listen. As far as a Doctor telling you that you may never carry to term, that's BS! I had my first at 39. I did everything I wanted in life so far & now I am a great Mom. Be careful what you wish for, you are only young once.

Anonymous

• Loosing a child is sad, but whats even more sad is that you are only 17. Grow up, have a life sweets.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 2:09 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• im sorry im just gonna close this question. i wish id never posted it. im just sick of hearing the same things from consulers over and over. you dont know whats its like to be 17 and be told you might not be able to carry to term because when you were 14 and raped and had the babys father hold you down while some stranger poked around down there doing a ghetto cheap ass abortion because he couldnt handle a child. im sorry...today is just a bad day and people irritate me on bad days.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:27 PM on Feb. 26, 2011