Feeling guilty about being happy?

My friends who are closest to me are all having hard times in their relationships right now. I've been there, I got divorced last year. But now, for the last 6 months I've been dating an amazing man who just told me he loves me! The catch is that I feel bad telling my friends about him, I get excited and want to shout things to the world, but I just feel guilty because they are having issues right now. Help?

gypsymama532

Asked by gypsymama532 at 1:46 PM on Feb. 26, 2011 in Relationships

• If your friend is a true one they will feel happy for you, there is no need for guilt.

Answer by older at 1:49 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I think your true friends will be happy for you because they do know what you have been through. Guilt is a bad thing , for your health and for your mind , wow do I know that ! good luck in your new love .
    Stormy7

Answer by Stormy7 at 1:50 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I understand your dilemma. I have an amazing fiance! We are pregnant and buying a house and crazy in love. My girlfriend and many other friends have very bad relationships and it's hard to even talk about my relationship so I don't because I feel bad and don't want them to think I'm rubbing it in their face.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 1:51 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• You are living my life too! I actually had to cut ties w/a friend because she was being a jealous immature woman over the fact that I had made changes in my life and she is still living her miserable one. I am happy for you!!!! You go girl!!!!
    PatriciaofMN

Answer by PatriciaofMN at 1:53 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Real friends will be happy for you reguardless of there situation. If your feeling guilty just try to help them find there hapiness the best that you can..
    Destins_Mommy

Answer by Destins_Mommy at 1:55 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• It's ok to be happy. Just don't throw it in anyone's face that your life is amazing while their's sucks. You might want to pick and choose who you shout your happiness to until the ill fated friends are in a better place. I'm not saying not talk about your man. I'm just saying moderation is a good place when sharing things. Being sensitive is a good thing when dealing with friends who may be hurting or struggling.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:58 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• If your friends can't be happy for you, where you are at in your life, then they aren't really friends. It may be difficult for them to hear, but they should still be happy.
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 2:11 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• if they are you true friends, they will be happy for you no matter what
    Jssg1986

Answer by Jssg1986 at 2:13 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Everyone has ups and downs, they usually aren't going to be at the same time. Don't let her hard times ruin your good time. Give her what support you can but she should be happy for you if she is truly a friend.
    HKing01

Answer by HKing01 at 3:02 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• The way I see it, if you share your happy news it will do one of two things. It will either inspire your friends to repair their relationships or it will inspire them to move on to find happiness. Shout it from the rooftops, you deserve it!
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 9:36 PM on Feb. 26, 2011