how do i get my stomace to have a normal shape again?

before i had my daughter i weighed 120 now after having her i weigh 145 i eat helthy but it doesnt seem to work. and not only that my stomace has strtch marks all over. any advise on theat? also under neath my belly button is an ndent like a line i guess you could say it looks like a butt lol grose but really it does what can i do?? i am 21 yrs old and i just want a normal belly. i don have the money to get a personal trainer so anyone have anything they can tell me??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:33 PM on Jul. 8, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• I have used Turbo Jam and Yoga Booty ballet to help tighten and tone myself after having my kids. Eating healthy is only half of it; it takes working out and toning exercises!
    As for the stretch marks, I think they will shrink as your body does and gradually fade with time. I do not believe there is any product that actually gets rid of them.
    MaggL6

Answer by MaggL6 at 7:17 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• PM me with an overview of the food you typically eat over a three day period. I know that will mean you can't be anonymous, but I promise that everything is just between US. Let me go over your diet to make sure things are optimal...a lot of people think things are healthy that really aren't or they aren't properly balancing their proteins and carbohydrates. Losing weight and having 'fitness' is 80% diet, 10% genetics and only 10% exercise. It's completely possible to lose weight with diet alone since it is the most important part of fitness, so if you're not seeing any results but say you are eating healthy then you may need to reevaluate your diet. :)
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 7:15 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• Here is how to check for diastasis recti (or separation of your main abdominal muscle). First, lie on your back with knees bent and feet flat on the floor. Slowly raise your head and shoulders off the floor, tightening your abdominal muscles. Keeping the muscles tight, put your index and middle fingers on your belly just below your belly button and press in slightly. You should feel a soft gap between hard muscle on either side as you move your fingers side to side (if you still have some baby weight to lose, you may need to press in deeper with your fingers to get to the muscle). If you can move your fingers side to side more than two fingers' width, then you have a separation or diastasis recti.
    PlasticSurgeon

Answer by PlasticSurgeon at 2:03 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• To help the muscle come back together, try the following exercises:

1. Lie on your back with knees bent and feet flat on the floor. Place your hands on your abdomen with your fingertips pointing down toward your pubic bone. Exhale as you slowly lift your head (and shoulders, if you can) while pressing down and in with your fingers - that will urge the rectus back together.

2. Take a long towel and wrap it around your torso with the ends in front. As you perform a crunch, pull the ends of the towel towards each other in front of your belly button, which will also urge the muscle back together.

3. Lie on your back with knees bent and feet flat on the floor. As you exhale, slowly extend one leg along the floor, feeling your abdomen contract below your belly button. Inhale as you return to the starting position. Repeat with the other leg.

Recheck the separation every week. If you don't notice any improvement after 4-6 weeks
    PlasticSurgeon

Answer by PlasticSurgeon at 2:04 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• Let me know if you find something that works. Other wise im going to invent a time machine and travel back. then are bellys will be flatter again! :)
    emilysmom401

Answer by emilysmom401 at 9:17 AM on Aug. 14, 2008