Do you have a tattoo that you regret getting?

I'm thinking of getting one, but don't want to regret it later!

Inloveagain

Asked by Inloveagain at 2:50 PM on Feb. 26, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I honestly have only one(out of the 9 i have) because I got it out of hate when my boyfriend and I broke up. I did it to show I could do whatever I wanted if he wanted to ignore me then I was moving on. He still dislikes it to this day but hes learned to like it.
    dreamcatcher13

Answer by dreamcatcher13 at 2:51 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I hav e three tattoos, but 27 years later I still like them.
    But I chose mine on my own.
    idaspida

Answer by idaspida at 2:56 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Not one. I can't count how many tats it is. It is a collective backpiece that wraps over the top of my shoulders. I wanted tats as long as I could remember. I waited until my 25th birthday to have one and there has been no turning back since. If you are even a touch unsure wait. Removal is painful and very expensive. Make sure it is something you can live with.

I told my boys to ask 3 questions to themselves before getting a tat. 1- is it offensive to any race or creed , 2- would you be ashamed to show it to your grandmother and 3- will the placement interfere in getting a job. If you can say No to all 3 then go ahead. It's been a pretty good guideline so far. Good luck.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 3:01 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Nope. I have two, and put a great deal of thought into each of them. In my opinion, if you get a tattoo that has personal meaning to you, then it's not a bad decision.
    An example is I have a Taurus tattoo. It was a meaningful reward, and reminder to myself, after I quit smoking. It's my sign, and to me it represents my saved life. Its on my forearm so that I see it always, and it is a constant reminder as to why I quit.

SpaceToast

Answer by SpaceToast at 3:02 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Yes I do. It was the only "spurt of the moment" tat I got. If you put thought into it, and know in your heart what you want. Most likely you won't regret it.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 3:03 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• You know - I've wanted a tattoo my whole life. I don't know why - but I always have. I waited a very long time to get one - after years in management and doing hiring, I know people can judge you by them (also piercings, etc - not saying it's right - just saying it DOES happen - and NO I didn't judge by them but was on a team with those who did) - anyhow - I waited because I was afraid I'd regret what I chose specificially... I wanted something that would mean something forever since it's not so easy to remove...

This past June, my bestie moved about 15 hours away and gave me a gift on her first visit back... matching tatts on our left foot. We are never LEFT behind... we can always see it and know our bestie is with us... I love it.

I'll prob get one more - something to represent our children/family - I'm just not sure what yet. And I'll wait till our next adoption is final to do it.
    AAAMama

Answer by AAAMama at 3:03 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• i have 2 that i regret. ones on my side and it says precious, its not even finished and then i have one on my ancle of a backwards playboy bunny.. lol i was young and real immature when i got them
    Precious12

Answer by Precious12 at 3:06 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I don't have any but am going to get one one day that has my children's names etc. I am designing it myself & love it. I would not rush and I would say it has to be something meaningful & tasteful & somewhere you are comfortable with whether you only want to see or the whole world to see it.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 3:06 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• No , all of mine mean somthing to me so I will never regreat them .
    Stormy7

Answer by Stormy7 at 3:11 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I have 2 subtle tattoos that I tend to forget I even have but to answetr your question I dont really regret them at all.
    KayGia0704

Answer by KayGia0704 at 3:11 PM on Feb. 26, 2011