gifts for dr

do you buy x-mas gifts for your pediatration or buy your OBGYN a gift after delivering your baby?
what is the proper gift giving guide?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:12 AM on Nov. 20, 2008 in Relationships

• I don't, then again my OBGYN is Jewish. I don't understand, is it too much to type Christmas? I find the X bad. I would never buy a tree from a place with an X. I'm not super religious, but I think taking Christ and replacing with X is strange.

Are you sure of their religious beliefs? Sending a thank you to staff. pastries or coffee, yes I've done that after my deliveries but not for holiday.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:18 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• I didn't give my OB a gift, but i did for the nurses at the hospital that I was in. I made a big basket full candies, tea,coffee, and other little things for the nursing staff. They were excellent.
    toobusyw3

Answer by toobusyw3 at 9:18 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• thats a good idea with the nurses i mean you see them more than you do the doc anyways right
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 9:22 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Maybe gift basket for the staff and a nice pen for him to show him your appreciation. It is nice you thought of giving him something.
    1countrygal

Answer by 1countrygal at 9:43 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• The gift was the big fat check you gave them for their services. No, I'm just kidding. I do agree that a nice gift basket is a good idea. Also include a picture of your baby. My midwife had pictures of all the babies she had delivered on her wall. Not sure if everyone does this, but I thought it was nice.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 11:06 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• i would just bake cookies and put it in a cute basket. they dont expect anything so keep it small!
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 11:49 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Shit no, not with the amount of money they charge!
    Waxing_Lyrical

Answer by Waxing_Lyrical at 5:49 PM on Nov. 29, 2008