Is it jealousy on my part...

My friend came to visit and I was very happy to see her. It had been some years since we saw each other and the first thing she said when she met my DH was that all men talk to her because of her, and I qoute her, "my two big fronts."
My Dh lost interest in who she was right away.
I just talk to her on the phone, but she is very judgemental of others and thinks her chest will get her places.
So my DH says she can not come back to this house because she is trouble and I agree with him.
But she tried to tell me I am just jealous.
Do you think I am over reacting?
After all my Dh made the decision. He never said I could not talk to her, just that she can not come to the house anymore.

idaspida

Asked by idaspida at 3:17 PM on Feb. 26, 2011 in Relationships

• Not jealous nor are you over reacting I mean it was your husbands decision and he is the one who brought it up first. Yes people like that can be trouble and a lot of it. Who wants that around muchless who wants something like that to come in between a married couple?? I wouldn't, with her being so judgmental as well, sounds like she thinks her stuff doesn't stink. I would reconsider my friendship with her, besides what kind of classact says that to a "friends" husband when they first meet???
    AmI88

Answer by AmI88 at 3:46 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Is it jealousy? I don't see it as being jealous. Who says that anyway..."all men talk to her because of her two big fronts"...????? It doesn't seem to be something to be proud of if that's the only reason men talk to her.
    It sounds like she's trying to prove herself. You don't need that in your life...negative, judgmental and self centered. Yuck.
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 3:21 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• no you're not jealous
    you don't want her shallowness in your home
    and that is fine
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 3:24 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• hahaha i have a couple of those friends.. well used to.. i just figured if they act that way, then they are not necessarily friends..
    navajomama7

Answer by navajomama7 at 3:21 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• nope if your husband doesnt like it then it has absolutly nothing to do wiht jelousy it seems innapropriate of her actually
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 3:21 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• No I do not think you are jealous. You dh probably feels uncomfortable around someone like her cause he knows how women like her can eventually be. Since you can still talk to her, you and her can continue to have a friendship and she will outgrow her ways.

virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 3:22 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Hmm I dont think its a reason to end a friendship nore does it make her trouble. She is concided by all means which no doubt is annoying the statement she made was not something to be proud of by any means.. Definatelly would not say your jealous a little over reacting yes imo..
    Destins_Mommy

Answer by Destins_Mommy at 3:23 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• It is ok if you meet and greet with her at parties and events but do not bring that home especially if you or your hubby do not feel comfortable. It is your home sweet home. Jealousy maybe though but not because you can not look the same but you think to yourself why show off in front of everyone? If she is single that is a different story.....
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 3:39 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• No it's not jealously or overreacting. It's a time and place for everything and in your home, in front of your husband was not it. Your friend seems a little self-centered, which isn't a good nor bad thing. Everyone should feel good about themselves, but there is a limit. There is nothing to be jealous of cause it seems you have a good, respectful husband that loves u because some men would just go with the flow, if u know what i mean. And if the situation with your friend bothers u that much, just talk to her about it, but i would not end the friendship. Good Luck!
    sunkist84

Answer by sunkist84 at 3:59 PM on Feb. 26, 2011