How would you handle your ds?

My son just don't know when to quit he is a very smart boy but sometimes he can be a pain in my butt. He's very on top of things as far as sweets or doing something fun for him he is a tad selfish but what kid isn't anyway...He'll ask for something I'll tell him to wait then 5 minutes later there he is asking me again again and again even when I had already said a flat NO!!! omg I try to explain to him that once i say no it means no he don't get it or he just doesn't want to get it he just wants what he wants and thats that :/
I am not sure why he is this way I do not spoil him in anyway yes I hug and kiss on him and tell him I love him and he is so handsome but that is here at home (I do the same for my dd) but she's the drama queen that is another story...lol What can I do for him to stop this behaivor. I could tell him to leave his sister alone and he does but before he does he'll have to say something to her one last time...ugh! it is so annoying.
Thanks Ladies just venting....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:26 PM on Feb. 26, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• Wow!! My girls are 1 and 2 and now I am dreading the teen years! hahaha
    navajomama7

Answer by navajomama7 at 3:32 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• He is pushing your buttons and he knows right where they are. After you have told him no, and he is still asking just start ignoring him. And as far as him and his sister, thats normal sibling stuff, just remember the more you get involved with there spats the more they are going to happen. Remember no blood no foul
    its5somewhere

Answer by its5somewhere at 11:19 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Ignore him or tell him if he asks more than once, then there will be none. Be firm and consistent. It sounds like he thinks he can wear you down.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 12:38 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Have gone through this with my son. I tell him No and when he keeps asking, I let him know the answer is No, will continue to be No, and if he keeps asking, they next time he wants something that he would be allowed to have the answer will be No as well. Then I ignore the question.
    mlanderson

Answer by mlanderson at 9:43 PM on Feb. 28, 2011