What would you do in this situation?

My dd has a friend who she has as a classmate at school and sometimes she'll come over or my dd will go over there well my dd told me that her friends mom and grandma say alot of cussing I am like well you know its bad so don't pay no mind to it just make sure you don't repeat them. To be honest I don't like that either but what can I do? It is not the little girls fault.
Thank you ladies!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:32 PM on Feb. 26, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• i would just remind your child that those words are not good words and that you can only control what you say and not what others say. i wouldn't stop them from goin
    froghopper

Answer by froghopper at 3:36 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Just keep reminding what she hears outside the home that is not good, should not be repeated or bought home.

virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 3:38 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• On the other hand,don't be surprised if she starts repeating the words she hears in that environment. Is there other friends she can hang around with whose family does not talk like that around kids?
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 3:44 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I would have her start hanging out at home instead of going over there, if I can keep mychild out of that environment, I feel like I should.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 3:59 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Just keep letting your daughter know that those are bad words that she is not supposed to say.. And maybe spend more days with the other little girl at your place! You could try talking to the parents.. although that might cause some drama.. and turn out badly for the kids. :/
    kaitilala

Answer by kaitilala at 4:17 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I would not let my daughter at that home.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:35 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• i would just ask for that little girl to come play at my home
    devinalexis

Answer by devinalexis at 4:13 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Uh! She has 2 little twin brothers they are 3 or 4 yrs. of age and uh! I'd rather not have them over they are BBBAAADDD!!!! I think I'd rather deal with my dd as far as repeating she'll know better.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:16 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I'd do the same thing -- just say that it's not OK to repeat those kinds of words.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 7:34 PM on Mar. 1, 2011