A Bad Mother ?

A mother should be tender and nurturing.

Is there any mother you know (of friend, or on tv)
that's really BAD?

How was her kid (s) affected ?

lillyblue111

Asked by lillyblue111 at 3:48 PM on Feb. 26, 2011 in Relationships

• i dont think that there are BAD parents..i just think that there are parents that make bad choices. we all have made some so i try not to judge the person....
    froghopper

Answer by froghopper at 3:50 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• One of my cousin's was called a bad mother cause of the life she was choosing...but when she felt the life she was living was taking her into too many wrong directions, she made the best choice for her children. Than when her life became better, she became a better Mother and her children today, are very successful and she has said they have never said anything wrong about the bad choices she made in her life, they have only accepted her as their Mother.

virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 3:51 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• We know a woman who is working on her 8th child - and all but two of them have been taken by the state and adopted out, she has not contact with them at all. The last two she signed over to her MIL before the state could take them, which is the only reason why she even sees them. It's really sad, she's not a very nice person and horrible mom. The oldest child she has with her now is only 5 so I'm not sure how it's really affected the child as far as long term goes. I can only hope that those kids can somehow be rescued from that life.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 3:57 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• My sister is a bad mother. She has abused two of her 5 children physically and all 5 of them verbally. All of her kids have problems with believing in themselves, as she has always put them down-called them stupid, crazy, and retarded. She has never cared if they were hurt and wanted her to cuddle with them as babies and toddlers and kiss their boo-boos. She would tell them, "you're ok, stop crying". I don't think many people would argue that she is a good parent. No one that knows her does.
    Tawneekitn

Answer by Tawneekitn at 4:05 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I know of a couple, and it has made their children course and uncaring and unsympathetic to others as well. So sad :(
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 5:13 PM on Feb. 26, 2011