When did your parents allow you to start 'dating' vs. when youhad your first 'boyfriend'

dating as in going places with chaperon. Boyfriend as in that is how you referred to boy because you 'loved' each other. I think my first 'boyfriend was when I was about 9 his name was Joey and we 'loved each other and talked on the phone and played together on the playground. I didn't date until I was about 14 and it was with my mom with us the whole time! Sitting 2 rows back at the movies right behind us.

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 3:51 PM on Feb. 26, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I never "dated". I was 14 when I had my first serious boyfriend. We always just hung out at one or anothers houses. I had "boyfriends" in 7th and 8th grade but they were just at school.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 3:52 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Not really dating but more group activities to ensure no sexual activity. 18 allowed to date and my first boyfriend was T 18
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 3:53 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• My parents never set rules - I had very bad parents. But I dated my first when I was 15.
    WARNING

Answer by WARNING at 4:12 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• They didn't "allow" me. I just started when I felt like it. My parents were hardly around to even notice. I could be gone for weeks at a time and they wouldn't have known.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:31 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Hmmm? I had many "boyfriends" starting in elementary school. Can't recall ever having a chaperon along for "dates". I started seeing my hubby at 14 and my curfew was 11pm.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 4:48 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• 14 and 14 lol
    flmomma4

Answer by flmomma4 at 4:51 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I matured very early (3rd grade had BOOBS) & starting "dating" (talking on the phone, hanging out after school on our block, saying love you) about 3rd grade (dated 1 guy on/off from 3rd-6th grade)...
    My first real date was in the 5th grade.. We went to a movie together & walked around the mall.. No parents..
    I plan to be much stricter to our kids than that.. lol..
    I wasnt exactly a "good girl" .. but Ive only had sex with 2 guys (one guy was once & he was a long term bf. the other was my hubby) and i didnt have a kid until i was 25..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 4:53 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Im bummed because my mom was having a mental breakdown when I went into the dating age, well, puberty, not dating age. And I started seeing boys way too young just following in my older sisters footsteps. My mom never did set a dating age for me. But I wish she had.
    Waitaminute808

Answer by Waitaminute808 at 5:28 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I never had a boyfriend until I was 19 so...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 5:50 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I was 17 when I was allowed to date.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 7:29 PM on Feb. 26, 2011