Father Figure

How do you think Fathers affect their sons, and how their daughters.

Any example of being a bad father ?

lillyblue111

Asked by lillyblue111 at 3:55 PM on Feb. 26, 2011 in Relationships

• All kids need a father whether they are good or bad. I think we all have to parent our kids. My older kids dad is a royal peice of crap and was never around for our kids. It did effect them. My dd is almost 22 and married an older man and I think her attraction to an older man stems directly from not having a father figure around. My oldest son always saw himself as the man of the house, and thats also affected him as a young adult. He now has a child of his own and also isnt active in his sons life. I dont think he knows HOW to be a dad, he never had one. My youngest son with this ex doesnt even want kids. He is close with my dh now & been around him since he was 8. He is more like my dh then any of the other kids are. He was luckier I guess since he was young enough to actually benefit from his step dad.

Answer by gemgem at 3:58 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I don't have the time to go into how bad my father is/was. There are 4 of us 3 boys and me. He had a hard time being around me b/c I reminded him of my mother (after the divorce) the older I got the more I heard he didn't like talking to me b/c I sound just like her (true)
    He did not attend my high school graduation (even though I graduated from the same high school as all of my brothers), he did not attend my wedding (I got married 15 min away from where he lives) I could go on.
    I think if affected me by making sure I found a husband who would love and be interested in his kids no matter what happened between us.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 4:59 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• My Dad means the world to me! I love him so much.

Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 9:40 PM on Feb. 26, 2011