Do you keep in contact with your ex?

I was dating this guy for a long time and we were best of friends before we hooked up. When I first got married we talked and I let my husband know I did. But after a couple conversation with him I decided it was. Best to end te friendship. Out of respect for my husband I figured it would be best. It just causes drama. If you do talk ton your ex does your husband know? If you don't have children with them then why continue to talk to them?

Claudiomom

Asked by Claudiomom at 3:57 PM on Feb. 26, 2011 in Relationships

• I do talk to my ex husband and yes current one does not know but I know my ex for about 6 years and only just friends. I live in indiana and he lives in wa. so not like we will run into one another.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 3:59 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• No I do not talk to my ex's I see them as ex's for a reason. (that goes for ex-husband and ex-boyfriends)
    smurfyangel

Answer by smurfyangel at 4:05 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I don't talk to my ex but I keep in touch with his family. I was part his family for 5yrs so I keep in touch. My husband knows and don't mind because he knows how I feel about the ex. I only talk to my ex's family maybe once a month. They even attended my wedding.
    diamondsky

Answer by diamondsky at 4:06 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• No. I hope to never see or speak with him again.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 4:06 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I speak to one ex that has been their for me through all my ups and downs I have known him for almost 10 years. Yes my husband knows and he don't care because he trust me. Having children has nothing to do with who you should and should not talk to. It's all about trust between your spouse and how the friendship is. I am married with kids and he is married expecting a baby. We have both moved on but till are friends. We never talk about what the past was when we were together we talk about how are life is now.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:22 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I talk to both my ex husbands. My first ex husband and I share 3 kids and I mostly raised them by myself without him. He didnt start coming around until they were older teens or adults. Even when he wasnt coming around he would call and we would talk on the phone. I have known him since I was 12 yrs old so it didnt seem abnormal. My 2nd ex and I have one child together. We met, married, had child, divorced within a year or two. I only talk to him when I have to. Lately he has been calling more (he & the woman he cheated on me with broke up so I guess he thinks I wanna talk? lol). It hasnt caused problems with my marriage. My dh doesnt like me talking to ex #2 tho, but bc he is a jerk to me. I also talk to my 1st bf on FB all the time. Again, dh can care less. Were married & trust each other. I dont want any other man but my husband.

Answer by gemgem at 4:22 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I don't have any lol! I mean I have dated lots of men but none of them turned out to be anything serious. (Except for my high school boyfriend and I talk to him on facebook every now and then but I don't really consider him an ex)
    haydsmom2007

Answer by haydsmom2007 at 5:50 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• My husband is my high school sweetheart so I don't really have any lol unless middle school count JK
    lovelyheaven271

Answer by lovelyheaven271 at 7:44 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• wanted to keep in touch with them but my hubby so jealous i cut them off.
    soraya14

Answer by soraya14 at 12:00 AM on Feb. 27, 2011