Is your bedroom off limits to your kids?

My SO and I disagree on this one. I think it should be off limits and he doesn't see the big deal. My reasoning is there are 3 kids ages 3, 11, and 12 they have their own room and the rest of the house why do they need to be in my room to, also I need a space just for me and him.

smurfyangel

Asked by smurfyangel at 3:59 PM on Feb. 26, 2011 in General Parenting

• No WAY are our kids allowed in our room! That's where we keep all of the things that tell the kids stuff about us they NEVER need to know!
    Rayne-Storm

Answer by Rayne-Storm at 4:10 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• not in my house. i think of every room as a community room:)
    froghopper

Answer by froghopper at 4:01 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• mostly it is, but once in a while we do let the younger 1 or 2 climb in bed to watch a movie or something. i try to keep it totally off because we do keep stuff in the closet that we do not want them getting into. but also it is MY space, i do not want it invaded too much.
    annanonnymommy

Answer by annanonnymommy at 4:02 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I totally agree. They have every other room why must you be in mine. I can't get my children to understand that I need my space.
    diamondsky

Answer by diamondsky at 4:01 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• When my kids where young. My kids where never alowed in my room.

Answer by louise2 at 4:05 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• The only room that is off limits for my 16 month old is the room where our cats litter box it ( for obvious reasons) and the bathroom.. ( he likes to play in the toilet!) lol. I love having my little guy around.. even if that means he's underfoot 24/7. My quiet time with my boyfriend takes place when little guy is sleeping.
    kaitilala

Answer by kaitilala at 4:10 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• no

Answer by admckenzie at 4:11 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• No not at all. Our room is open to anyone. They know at night when its bedtime though they go to their rooms and we sleep in my room. My kids can come into my room anytime they want to and watch tv, play online, hang out with me, snuggle and sometimes even fall asleep. Its no big deal to us at all.

Answer by gemgem at 4:18 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• no matter how many times i tell my munchkins to stay out of my room , i always find them in it. the bedrooms are all up stairs so they use all rooms as there play area. if i had a lock on my door i would use it lol

Christieluv0614

Answer by Christieluv0614 at 4:21 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Our room is absolutely off limits. I don't see why they need to be in there. It's a bed in a room and our clothes.. They have absolutely no reason for them to ever be in there. There's no TV or anything. Just our clothes and our bed. When I'm in there the door is locked because I'm in there to be alone or I'm sleeping and they, again, have no reason to be in there. They can seem e all day long in every other room in the house.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 4:29 PM on Feb. 26, 2011