Children with special needs in the family ?

Do you know any couples whose child has a chronic illness ?
How is their relationship affected ?

lillyblue111

Asked by lillyblue111 at 4:10 PM on Feb. 26, 2011 in Relationships

• Well one of my sons was dignosed with a brain tumor cancer and severl on his spine as well , he dad could not deal with it , the fact that his oldest child  may have to face death and was not phiscally perfect ,we tried to stay together but we couldnt ,I was the one who had to deal with it all alone because he couldnt . It was sad . But on an up note my son is now 21 and that was when he was 3.

Stormy7

Answer by Stormy7 at 4:33 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Yes, their relationship is strong.

Answer by Bmat at 4:34 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• myself it tears it apart u have to be very strong in many different areas but i belive we get caught up on the childs health which seems to be the rite thing to do but we forgot about ourselfs which makes it harder in the end for everything......
    sandrayjohnny

Answer by sandrayjohnny at 4:45 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I know one couple that had a child with chronic health issues and the dad left, and mom started drinking and partying and leaving her DD home alone in the crib because she said the baby wouldn't know the difference anyway. It was awful. But then I know another couple that their relationship is even stronger because of their child's health issues- they have to be the support system for the other person and both have to support the child. It all depends on the person, I guess.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 4:49 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Yes, they are a good Christian couple and I think they handle it great. They have a great sense of humor about everything.
    HKing01

Answer by HKing01 at 5:13 PM on Feb. 26, 2011