What does it feel like when you go into labor ?

Will you mommy's tell me how it feels when you first go into labor? When your just sitting at home and your like "oh im in labor". lol What do those first contractions feel like? Can you feel when if your dilated? (if that makes any sense) What does it feel like when you water breaks?
Sorry a lot of questions but I'm just curious and want to know before the time comes :)

mommy2be0611

Asked by mommy2be0611 at 4:35 PM on Feb. 26, 2011 in Pregnancy

• My back ached first. For my second, my water broke, so I expected labor, and sure enough.

Answer by Bmat at 4:36 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• With my first my water broke so I knew it was time, with my second I had cramps all day that got worse as they day went on.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 4:40 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Hated labor. The most excruciating pain I have felt my entire life.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 4:41 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• back pain direaha like the worst direaha ever with cramping. who would have thought I was dialated to 6 lol they had to break my water so I don't know what that feels like. probably like when the broke it felt like I just couldn't stop peeing all over my self lmao.
    amanda_23

Answer by amanda_23 at 4:50 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• It felt for me like a huge tummy ache, my stomach would go tight and then the pain would stop after a min and start again. When you r water breaks it hurts more and feels like worst crams ever. If you never had cramps it feels like a stomach ache that doesnt end
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 4:50 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• You have to go through it to know. For everyone its different. It wasn't bad for me. Just a lot of stomach cramps. like period only different. back ache.. the key is don't ask for epidural untill you are dialated enough and progressing.. When you can't possibly take the contractions any longer then get the epidural. Do not ask for it too soon when you can kind of bare them. I asked for mine when they just came one after another. By the time she was born I started to feel my legs again so be careful.
    staciepi

Answer by staciepi at 4:51 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• if you ask too soon you will feel everything. Epidural for me was a one time shot.
    staciepi

Answer by staciepi at 4:52 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• My water broke, and it felt like that I was peeing in my pants. I only had a small break and the drs had to break my water, because my labor stalled.
    djh0505

Answer by djh0505 at 7:51 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• First one, I had NO idea I was in labor. Didn't feel a thing. Second one, I was contracting irregularly for about a month and a half. Contracting felt like a PMS one, just on a hell bent war path!!!! So in my case the saying was true that every prgnancy is different. So in your case you may feel some of what posters are saying, you may not. You may have things that none of us have posted...
    summerbear

Answer by summerbear at 9:09 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• My water broke
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 10:50 AM on Mar. 9, 2011