What are some better alternatives to cow milk??

I want to get away from cows milk. My son loves it but i want him to start drinking something better. So please help. I tried soy milk and thought it was nasty so is there anything else out there that taste really good and something my 2 year old son would enjoy??

his88angel

Asked by his88angel at 4:41 PM on Feb. 26, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Have you tried the flavored soy milk? They have Vanilla and Chocolate. The plain does taste funny though. Soy milk is VERY good for you and has many proven health benefits. So worst case scenario, I'd try and get your son on it at least. As for another alternative? Organic milk is definitely better than regular milk, although there is a price difference between the two. Good luck!
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 4:44 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• soy or almond. I love soy milk. Its very good. Drink it every day.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:44 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I myself LOVE LOVE LOVE almond milk, and my DD, who is lactose intolerant, will tell you that the brand makes the difference with soy milk. She will only drink chocolate Silk soy milk. lol
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 4:46 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Silk Almond Milk yum
    BeachMommy07

Answer by BeachMommy07 at 4:50 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• water is fine. there is no need to have a milk substitute. you can get calcium from veggies, vitamin d from the sun and fats from fish, and avocados.
    before you try the other milks be sure to check your ingredients. some of them have a lot of sugar, and there are questions about soy being genetically modified. hemp milk is another option too, but i would stick with water.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 4:51 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Soy
    1Angeland3Girls

Answer by 1Angeland3Girls at 5:05 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• My children and I love almondmilk. Just remember, whatever you switch to, you may have to give it some time to adjust to the taste. When I first stopped drinking cow's milk and tried soy and almond milk, I thought it tasted funny. Now, when I have an occasional sip of cow's milk, that's what tastes weird. Sometimes our taste buds need some time to acclimate to the new flavor.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 5:59 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Almond milk is a great alternative and yummy too. My daughter loves it!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 6:50 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• soy or almond milk
    Onmyown2727

Answer by Onmyown2727 at 9:59 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I love almond milk but my kids don't like it. I let them drink limited amounts of cows milk.
    Anonymous