My 5 1/2 yr old girl still wets the bed help!!

1Angeland3Girls

Asked by 1Angeland3Girls at 4:59 PM on Feb. 26, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Cut out liquids before bedtime. Make sure she goes to the bathroom before bed. Make sure there is nothing scaring her in the middle of the night. (no fights, no sounds from scary movies, etc) If it continues then talk to the dr

Answer by admckenzie at 5:01 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• My DD wet the bed tell she was 6 . That was before pull ups. Put a pull up on her. I tried no water before bed. Did not work. Going to the tiolet before bed. Did not help. It runs in our family bed weters.

Answer by louise2 at 5:12 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I would suggest nothing more to drink after 6pm....and wearing the overnight diapers, to save you from doing so much laundry. But make sure she is comfy in her bed, with her fav stuffed animal, and blankets. Maybe a comforting story before bed time too. Good luck!
    katieandchris01

Answer by katieandchris01 at 5:48 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Put her in a pull up and save yourself loads and loads of laundry. She will get it one day and by the time she is getting married, she will have outgrown them. For some children it is a medical issue. Don't stress her out over it, just let her figure it out without pressure.
    parajumper3

Answer by parajumper3 at 6:42 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Try cutting down on liquids. If can walk her to the bathroom once or twice during the night. But in gen. I wouldn't stress on it too bad. Make sure you have a protective cover on the mattress, get her pull ups (huggies good nights go all the way to 110 lbs) and go on with life.
    My dd is 5 1/2 and she still does it too. We celebrate her dry nights, she has to help strip the bed if it goes through, and she's responsible for putting her pull up in the garbage as soon as she gets up....
    that's it. I figure that at some point she'll stop. My bro did (at 13)
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 3:06 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• its normal till they are 10 is what my doctor told me i am still having that problem with my 7 year old she wets the bed almost every night
    devinalexis

Answer by devinalexis at 4:10 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• sometimes it takes a while for their bladder muscles to mature....it's not any fault of hers. you can cut down on the amount by limiting drinks before bedtime, but just keep using the underoos or whatever brand you prefer and use a waterproof matress pad. keep another on hand for changing the bed. she should grow out of it by the time she is 10 or 11.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 4:16 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Use pull up for night time. She will out grow this.
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 9:59 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Yep, so did mine. She grew out of it at around 8 years old. Thankfully, they make pull ups for big kids.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 7:32 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:16 AM on Mar. 2, 2011