Has anyone gotten pregnant but did not really want to have a baby?

Did having the baby change your opinion at all?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:08 PM on Feb. 26, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Yes. I got pregnant in high school and I was just leaving an abusive relationship and didn't wan to deal with a baby at the time. I miscarried though.
    Anonymous

• Yep. I was 17 and pregnant. I was having the time of my life. I had a scholarship, a job, new car, all sorts of friends and boom Im pregnant. I knew I would never ever get an abortion so I had my dd. Shes almost 22 now and has 2 kids of her own. Having her obviously changed everything. It changed the direction of my life completely. I loved her the minute I laid my eyes on her.

Answer by gemgem at 5:20 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• yes and yes.

my daughter is 17 now and can't imagine life without her!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 5:41 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Actually my 2nd pregnancy....

I gave up on the idea of having kids. My oldest was 8 and I have been trying for 6 years to get pregnant. I left my DH and hooked up with a fling, and wouldn't you know... I got pregnant. I was devestated. Really. (Hubby took me back when Mr. Fling said NO way would he be a father)

I didn't try to bond with her in the belly. I wouldn't entertain the thought of keeping her. When I found out I was pregnant I was 3 months along. So, chances of me miscarrying were low, that sucked!!!

Even going into labor I still wasn't sure what I was going to do. Putting her up for adoption was the best thing I could think of. Of course hubby and DD were upset by that, but my mind (I thought) was made up.

Once I saw her face, I started crying. I loved her instantly. I could not imagine giving her up. I was planning on just leaving her at the hospital, so sad.

I am SO glad I kept my baby girl!
    summerbear

Answer by summerbear at 9:04 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Nope
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 10:49 AM on Mar. 9, 2011