Has anyone given birth to a baby when they were sick or had a cold?

i have been dialated to 2cm for a couple of weeks now with my third child my son gave me a cold at the begining of the month i was just over it after a two week cold from hell then when they came back (joint custody) my daughter had a cough and gave the cold to me all over again it didnt really start to get bad until the day after my last doctors visit but at my last appointment my doctor told me my new lil addition should be here in the next week or two im just afraid of having her and still being sick has anyone else experienced this or have any suggestions? the last time my doctor told me take tylenol cold but im litteraly broke so cant get any just starting to get scared cause colds and sick people dont mix well with newborn babies.

Ladybug86

Asked by Ladybug86 at 5:12 PM on Feb. 26, 2011 in Pregnancy

• yes i was sick when i was a month before having my son in 07. i had to have a csection because he was transverse i was sick for 6 months after
    knagsmom

Answer by knagsmom at 7:23 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I always wondered about this. I was thinking how awful it would be to have food poisoning and go into labor....I imagine if you had a cold you would tire out quicker
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 8:14 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I was sick for the last 3 months leading up to her birth. After she was born (I did not notice this but DH did) I was no longer congested, no more runny nose, cough, NOTHING!! It was great! I was so worried that I would not be able to be around her because of me being sick, but that was not even a concern!

summerbear

Answer by summerbear at 8:57 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• PS: I was planning on having her naturally like I did with the previous pregnancy, but because I was SO sick and my stomach hurt so much from all the coughing and contracting, I got an epidural.

summerbear

Answer by summerbear at 8:58 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Nope. Good Luck~
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 10:49 AM on Mar. 9, 2011