Has a S.O. ever hit or beat you and what did you do if so? adult content

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:32 PM on Feb. 26, 2011 in Relationships

• No he hasn't and if he did he'll be dead.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:34 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Nope my dh has not. My dh knows I was abused by my ex husband and if he ever hit me it would be the last time he would ever see me or his daughter.
    With my ex I finally left him after the abuse got bad. I really should have left way before that. Anyway I pressed charges on my ex and got sole custody of the kids.

Answer by gemgem at 5:35 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Once...I was in college...he pushed me around on a couple occasions...I left and he tried to make my life a living hell after that...until I used some connections to scare him off. I will not put up with that sort of behavior.
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 5:35 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Once, when I was in high school. The guy was a lot older than me, lied to me about his age, and was already with this other girl and having a baby with her. He told me he was 19 but he was like 27(hey, he looked really young!). He isolated me from my friends, tried to get me to quit my job once he realized I wouldn't feed him free food all the time and give him all my money, and he even STOLE my entire paycheck right out of my wallet once! He fed off the fact that I was passive and hated conflict, and he slapped me in the face one day while I was talking to him on break at my work(I was sixteen or 17 at the time). I just saw RED and I punched him right in the face. I mean, all out. I told him if he EVER touched me like that again I'd kill him, and I went back to work. Too bad that wasn't the last I saw of him though.
    I will NEVER EVER put up with that kind of thing. Ever. And I'm teaching my kids the same- girls ANd boys :)
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 5:42 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Yea, an ex boyfriend... I called the cops and had his a$$ put in jail and didn't bother with him anymore.
    Raccoon

Answer by Raccoon at 6:06 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• No, I would never allow a man to verbally or physically abuse me.....ever.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 6:42 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Yes. He'd been verbally and emotionally abusive, but one day he just lost his shit completely. He beat the crap out of me, raped and sodomized me, dragged me into the bathroom and tried to drown me in the toilet and when I wouldn't just give up anjd die, he beat me some more with a bottle of bleach, which split open and covered me with 2nd degree chemical burns. When I got out of the hospital, I left everything I owned behind and moved a thousand miles away. Of course, he eventually found me and tried to break into my house, whereupon I sicced my trained protection dog on him, and shot him in the ass with a shotgun full of rock salt. He lost a testicle in that little skirmish, huzzah! He's never bothered me again, and I went on to get married to a good man and have a wonderful family.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 6:50 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Yes my ex-husband did, I have very little contact with him and he is allowed only supervised visits with our children. My SO knows he'd be in agony if he ever hit me because not only would I hit back but I'm still very close with my ex-husband's family and they'd gladly beat the crap out of any man who hurt me and I doubt many men would take a chance at surviving an ass kicking by more than 8 men (I have my ex's 7 brothers and father, three very close male friends, my brother, and three cousins who would be looking for him plus my female friends and cousins who wouldn't hesitate to get their hits in)
    Anonymous

• When I was in high school, he was the typical "bad boy" , it started with yelling and pushing. He hit me once in private and then once and a football game in front of my friends, that second time earned him a split lip and black eye. I don't put up with that crap, my husband knows it and everyone else I dated knew it too.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 7:37 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• nope i would leave him if he ever tried that. i have had a lot of friends in abusive relationships and could never live with that.
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 8:42 PM on Feb. 26, 2011